+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Group buy: Mini T amplifier + 5A PSU at a discount price

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Yep, thats definately how i'd describe them... theres even been a bit of dancing in Casa Richb today...

My mate is having a birthday party in a couple of weeks time and I'm gonna take the mini t along to drive his tannoy dual concentrics... I reckon it'll get the party going.
    And the tongues
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

synsei Guest

What a difference a week makes. The Mini T is now delivering astonishing bass. It does it all and I highly doubt the Hafler is going to get a look in now. A truly amazing bit of kit...

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by electric beach View Post

Leave the amp powered up for a couple of days.

Dave, are you using the Classe Audio preamp into the Mini-T or on it's own?
    Steve & Valerie

www.electricbeachaudio.com

If you think you know the answer already, you're not really searching

A plastic box, some glass bottles, two metal tins and some lengths of string

synsei Guest

The Classe is feeding the 'T' yes I'm playing Paul Simons Graceland at the mo and it sounds bloody fabulous...
    Last edited by synsei; 05-05-2012 at 20:21.

I'm Lenny.

Oh, yes, Graceland sounds superb. I have the remastered recording, and the harmonies are so sweet.
    Lenny

Main System: 2 x Mini-T amps (vertically bi-amping), Caiman+ DAC, Sony BDP-S380 Blu-Ray, Sony Bravia KDE320EX TV, Digihome PVR160, Technomate HD satellite receiver, Tannoy Mercury F3 floorstanding speakers.
    Study: NAD 302, Homebuilt PC, Tannoy Mercury MX1 bookshelf speakers.
    RetiredJPW Gold Monitors, MP3 player, Rotel RA-920AX amplifier, Sony MDS-JE530 Minidsic.

Future upgrades:IPL M1TLM transmission line speakers

I'm Rich.

Now the mini t is in my main system driving the Rega RS3s (89bD) with some ease, I'm feeding the amp via the pre-outs from my Arcam Solo Neo and belkin silver series RCAs. The mini t is set to 3oclock and its a totally different presentation to the Arcam's own 50w amp, more forward sounding and lots of fun. I found the t-amp clipping when up full and making a strange buzz but turning the dial back a bit quicky sorts this out. The mini t lacks some of the bass grunt of the Arcam but strangley keeps it all together quite well. The Arcam really shines as a source/pre-amp and i think the little mini t will be handling power duties for some time to come. I'm not prepared to say its better than the arcam's own amp, rather that its different and for now quite enjoyable. I usually enjoy the more laid back sound of the arcam which is why i chose it but this is making quite a nice change and i'm hearing so much detail in the music.

In summary I think the mini t on its own is a great little amp but match it with a a decent pre-amp and prepare to be amazed. Mrs B has even dug all her old Cure cds out to hear them again and she never normally has requests instead just puts up with my choices.

Looks wise the mini t fits right in with my system, now if i could only find a silver case for my Beresford DAC then we'd be all set!
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

synsei Guest

I concur with your comment about using a pre-amp Richard. On its own the Mini-T is quite special, however when hooked up to the DR5 it positively sings and as I mentioned earlier in the thread, there is this most amazing synergy between the Classe, the Mini-T and the B&W DM2's. In a little over a week the wee Amptastic amp has really opened up and it has even developed a deeper side as bass is quite spectacular now
    Last edited by synsei; 07-05-2012 at 12:42.

I'm tony.

My two are improving daily....I haven't felt the need to re-install the four temple mono blocks. I feel the monos shade the mini on sound stage and grunt but lack the speed and ability with voices the mini has. I'm very happy with them .
    Tony.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I have finally got round to hooking mine up, I only have speakers from a Monitor Audio iDeck in use at the moment, but there is a big improvement over using the iDeck on its own, which was very boomey and rather unpleasant when listening to vocals. I record all the Bob Harris shows and this is what I listen to in the kitchen, but the sound was very muddled through the iDeck, probably due to the speakers being quite enclosed on top of the kitchen cabinets.

I have a very clearly defined sound now using the Mini T, so already I am pleased. I just need to get some decent speakers now.

This is an iDeck - it sounds OK for what it is, but is very limited;

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Now the mini t is in my main system driving the Rega RS3s (89bD) with some ease, I'm feeding the amp via the pre-outs from my Arcam Solo Neo and belkin silver series RCAs. The mini t is set to 3oclock and its a totally different presentation to the Arcam's own 50w amp, more forward sounding and lots of fun. I found the t-amp clipping when up full and making a strange buzz but turning the dial back a bit quicky sorts this out. The mini t lacks some of the bass grunt of the Arcam but strangley keeps it all together quite well. The Arcam really shines as a source/pre-amp and i think the little mini t will be handling power duties for some time to come. I'm not prepared to say its better than the arcam's own amp, rather that its different and for now quite enjoyable. I usually enjoy the more laid back sound of the arcam which is why i chose it but this is making quite a nice change and i'm hearing so much detail in the music.

In summary I think the mini t on its own is a great little amp but match it with a a decent pre-amp and prepare to be amazed. Mrs B has even dug all her old Cure cds out to hear them again and she never normally has requests instead just puts up with my choices.

Looks wise the mini t fits right in with my system, now if i could only find a silver case for my Beresford DAC then we'd be all set!
    Great to hear that you (and the mrs!) are loving the Mini T, we're glad that it fits in well with the rest of your gear. Thanks again from everyone at ATUK

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    My two are improving daily....I haven't felt the need to re-install the four temple mono blocks. I feel the monos shade the mini on sound stage and grunt but lack the speed and ability with voices the mini has. I'm very happy with them .
    Tony.
    Hi Tony very insightful, thanks for your feedback! We get quite a bit of mail from prospective customers enquiring about the Bantam vs Amptastic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I concur with your comment about using a pre-amp Richard. On its own the Mini-T is quite special, however when hooked up to the DR5 it positively sings and as I mentioned earlier in the thread, there is this most amazing synergy between the Classe, the Mini-T and the B&W DM2's. In a little over a week the wee Amptastic amp has really opened up and it has even developed a deeper side as bass is quite spectacular now
    Would love to see a photo of that set up! Any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I have a very clearly defined sound now using the Mini T, so already I am pleased. I just need to get some decent speakers now.
    Kitchens loooove the Mini T, all joking aside there are many great smallish sized speakers that you can get for such locations. If you're on a budget there are plenty of bargains to be had on that rather large auction site. On another thread here people were talking about how the Gale Gold were decent. We've got some gloss white Q2020i's in the kitchen, Mini T (naturally)
    fed by an AirPort express.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nad View Post
    Oh, yes, Graceland sounds superb. I have the remastered recording, and the harmonies are so sweet.
    Fan-tastic track that Mr Nad!
    Amptastic Home of the Mini-1 - The spiritual successor to the popular Mini-T amplifier, just £99+P&P, order online today!
    Latest news on the blog
    Follow us on Twitter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast