• 4 / 10 Liked one or two tracks

0 0%
  • 5 / 10 Not bad overall, I'd probably listen to it again

1 9.09%
  • 6 / 10 Pretty good effort

1 9.09%
  • 7 / 10 I like it!

4 36.36%
  • 8/10 Fantastic. I never knew what I was missing.

2 18.18%
  • 9 / 10 Excellent - I'm buying a copy right now

0 0%
  • 10 /10 Where has this album been all my life?

2 18.18%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Album Club: 17.04.12: Spirit - 'Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus' (1970)

I'm Barry.

Quite enjoyed this, couple of songs have stuck in my head. Might have bought it back in the 70's. 6/10.

I'm Steve.

Well I listened to this last night while doing some work on the PC, and I think it is very good so it gets a 7 from me. Cheers.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Graeme.

Listening to this right now (FLAC), Am digging it quite a lot. Right up my street, sucker for the space and atmosphere in music, thanks for bringing this band to my attention!
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm john.

Bought this on vinyl on record store day and sadly not my cuppa tea..not a bad album just don't like it much. I also have Spirit's album Feedback and I like that one more than the former. 3/10 from me.
    John.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    Quite enjoyed this, couple of songs have stuck in my head. Might have bought it back in the 70's. 6/10.
    I have indeed now purchased it, on vinyl from John

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    I have indeed now purchased it, on vinyl from John
    Your welcome Barry...do you like it?? I only listened to it twice & that was enough for me.
    John.

I'm Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by sparrow View Post
    Your welcome Barry...do you like it?? I only listened to it twice & that was enough for me.
    Yeah its not bad and nice to have on vinyl as are most albums from that era.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    For some reason I can't play this through Spotify and my Touch as I get "This track is not available in your region", so I'm listening on the computer. This album is good and I don't know how I've overlooked Spirit all these years. Your comparison with the much better known Love is a good one. Think I'll have to buy the CD to play it on the 'big rig'. 8/10 from me.
    Buy it Martin
    Promise you will love it.
    Not yet heard on my upgraded system so production may let it down
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Haven't played it since I started rating my albums
    but
    Almost certainly * rating
    (Out of category - must keep playing continuously)

Can you change the rating system please
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm John.

I bought this album after hearing Natures Way.
    At that time (70s) I remember playing it and feeling a bit disappointed and it got neglected.

During my change over from vinyl to CD>file I bought someone’s collection of CDs and this along with 3 other Spirit albums were in the collection.
    I quite like this album now although I still have moments when Spirit going 'freestyle' pushes the wrong buttons.
    Overall a decent album and worth hanging on to and playing from time to time.
    Some excellent tracks but not a great album overall.
    7/10
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast