+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TDL Studio 0.5

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by WILDMON View Post
    I have a pair of these for sale,great condition black ash finish for 160 gbp,if anyone is interested.

Thanks
    Maybe you should put this into 'Private Exhibitions' with some photos.
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22

I'm Shaun.

You know it's such a shame that these took so long to appear on the market as I just ran out of patience looking for some. I now have a brand new pair of Dali's.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

For a hundred and sixty notes, you can afford to buy them and store them for when the restlessness bites.

Go on, you know you want to...

Having caught up with this thread, I'd say the main issue with 0.75M's is their power handling and maximum volume, together with the tiny bass unit used. You can't have owt for nowt and John Wright really pulled the mid and top down hard on these to get the bass extension. Play some R&R loudly and the bass driver will fail by going open circuit, hence my earlier suggestion of the Studio 1M, which doesn't wallow at all, but goes very much louder IMO. TDL only killed it due to dealer apathy and no UK rep at the time...

The first generation of RTL's, especially the RTL2 were huge fun, but very badly finished. The SE version of the RTL's looked far better, but had the tweeter knocked down too much in level to compete with the AE109, a ballzup speaker designed to work with Marantz's "KI" horrors... OK, I'm being opinionated, but those around at the time would have heard the same things I did, I'm sure.........
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Default tdl studio 0.5

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Maybe you should put this into 'Private Exhibitions' with some photos.
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22
    Thats a good idea Grand Wazoo,will do that soon

I am a very happy owner of a pair of TDL Studio 0.75M. These are the best speakers I have ever had in my life. I will never sell these as they are very rare. These 0.75M's I have are the special John Wright releases, as my ones have a very rare driver, only 50 of them were made.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12