+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: My 2(.1) cents

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I love the white Eames. No good to me though, I would get chocolate all over it within seconds
    Thanks. It does make me wonder though how exactly you eat chocolate. Kinda scary to think about it..

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    Terrific looking space David. I bet it also sounds as good as it looks. Nice to see the drinks cabinet to finish it off. Très sophistiqué!
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Very jealous
    Thanks fellas.

The liquor cabinet is one of my favorite pieces. It pulls double duty as it also holds my VPI record cleaner (pics are from one of my older setups):

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi David,

Nice to see you checking in again. Hope you're keeping well?

A very cool set-up, as always, and I mean both your living space and system! However, as usual, the drinks cabinet (and contents) seals the deal for me... More 'listening rooms' deserve such touches

Enjoy the music (and the bourbon)!

Marco.
    http://www.thestainedglasscompany.com

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Timothy.

Just don't get your "solutions" mixed up and drink the wrong one!
    Naim Uniti1/Croft Micro 25/Croft Series 7 X 2/Electronics all on Base isolation platforms/Larsen Model 4/DH Labs wanky wire
    Naim Uniti1/Naim Nap-100 X 2/Shahinian Larc/Mogami wire

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Just don't get your "solutions" mixed up and drink the wrong one!
    So you're saying it was a bad idea to fill my empty bottle of Bombay with VPI mix?? Interesting..

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi David,

Nice to see you checking in again. Hope you're keeping well?

A very cool set-up, as always, and I mean both your living space and system! However, as usual, the drinks cabinet (and contents) seals the deal for me... More 'listening rooms' deserve such touches

Enjoy the music (and the bourbon)!

Marco.
    Hey Marco. Good to hear from you too. Always lurking around on this site, just not as active as some. I find the posts here extremely interesting, especially compared to some of the more popular forums here in the states. It's a different perspective, but good stuff nonetheless..

No complaints here in FLA. Hope all is well with you, and (as always) thanks for the comments.

David

I'm David.

Been awhile since I posted something new here, so I thought I'd share my latest find.

I've always been a big fan of Thiel, especially the CS 3.7. It was a Jim Thiel's last speaker, and the engineering behind it is quite impressive. I've had a chance to hear it a number of times in different settings, and each time I had to pry myself away from the listening room.

Long story short, these are now inbound:

IMG_0357

Thiel 3.7 limited edition Les Paul's in tobacco finish. Only 13 pairs of these were made. Each are signed by Les Paul just a few months before he sadly passed away. Gibson's signature sunburst finish applied at its custom factory shop.

I should have these bad boys within a week or so. More pics to follow...

I'm Geoff.

They look interesting David. Let us know how they sound in your system.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

nice speakers, and will look awesome in situ
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Jerry.

I had the lesser Thiel CS2.3 for quite a while and really enjoyed them
    It was unfortunate that a pair of long-sought Yamaha 1000M came along during the Thlels' tenure, as the Yammies were quite handily seen off!

I look forward to seeing pics of your 3.7 in situ.
    Jerry

Spotify Premium streaming, Wadia 151 PowerDAC, Speakers: MBL 116F.

or

Spotify Premium streaming, Cambridge Audio 851D DAC/pre, Pass Labs X150 power amp, MBL 116F.

I'm Taz.

Absolutely blown away by your listening room. I'm not familiar with any of the names you have yet would love to have a listen.
    There was another thread here a while ago about posting videos of your system, would like to see a video of your room and get a feel for its sound.

I'm David.

So they finally arrived today. Personally I think they're gorgeous, but my fiancé clearly thought otherwise. I don't think anyone would disagree though that they're definitely Jim Thiel's best looking speaker.

I'm still getting my bearings sound-wise, but my initial reaction was how alive they are - the music just jumps out of them with amazing clarity and resolution. I do think, however, they'll benefit some from my REL sub once I dial it in.

More impressions to follow once get a little more accustomed to them. And as always, thanks for the comments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast