+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My System....final.....i think....

I'm jamie.

Default My System....final.....i think....

Here's some pics of my current system which im very happy with.
    Yamaha NS1000's, I bought these blind from an auction house,a gamble as the mid and tweeter drivers cost an arm and a leg to replace,thankfully all drivers tested fine.
    At some point id like to replace the crossover components and stick them outside the cabinet.

Next up is my trusted old Sony X555ES cdp,a very nice sounding cd player,i dont feel the need to go better.

Vinyl is my chosen format,earlier in the year id travelled to Leeds from brighton to pick up my dream TT,a Pioneer PLC-590,

ive always lusted over one of these and was very happy with it,then a the Sony TTS-8000 appeared on gumtree it had been on there a while at a high price,very dusty in the sellers pics which i guess put a few people off,they are a Japan/UK model only.
    I made the seller an offer which he accepted,a very noticeable upgrade over the Pioneer.

Ive used some good British tonearms in the past,the pioneers PA-5000 tonearm gave me a taste of what the jap arms are like,a trip to Northampton to hear an Audio Technica AT-1010 highly modified by phonomac blew me away,i left with one! a mk6 version,the perfect companion for an Audio Technica ART-7 cartridge.

The valve amp was a leap of faith for me,id never heard a valve amp and when this amp turned up for sale i went for a listen,id also never heard of the maker,John Wood,a search of the web confirmed he was well regarded in the hifi world.
    It didn't wow me at first but once home and through the yammys the quality was evident!

Ive saved the best till last,a 2 box paradise phono stage,sometimes its all about being in the right place at the right time,thankfully for me i was! (still have to pinch myself!)

Not much to see or tell you what the box's are,all the magic is inside,i like that,kinda reminds me of a stealth bomber! stunning sound which has elevated my vinyl to another level,the background is a quiet as a church mouse,lots more detail comes through with excellent separation.

Well that's it to date,im very content and happy. 8-)
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm James.

Excellent system Jamie, thanks for sharing the pics. Takes time to get there but when you do the journey is worth it.

All the best for the New Year it has been a pleasure reading your posts this year and I look forward to more in 2019!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm jamie.

thanks jimbo,and to you too mate.
    yes this year has seen some gear come and go,each piece has funding the next to a degree so it hasn't been hugely expensive done in stages like that.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Yes, well done Jamie. You've invested a significant sum this year and it's always nice to read that you are enjoying where the money went.

Those Yammie's are probably the bit I knick out of your system as the one set I heard really struck me. I was very keen on them.

Well done mate, put the wallet away and enjoy from this point onwards.

I'm Grant.

Your system has come a long way Jamie... looks great
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Looks fantastic and I'm sure it sounds it as well - I've heard all the components at one time or another (except the John Wood amp) so I can sort of guess what the quality level is like. Just shows what can be done with some judicious second-hand purchasing. (Except the Paradise but I suppose as a DIY build it's a similar principle in terms of bang for buck).

Also strikes me that the Yamaha speakers look very modern and suit the contemporary styling of the room really well despite being a 40 year old design.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Robert.

Nice one Jamie, another example that the journey is always worth it, once you get to where you're happy
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Deleted.

Got some fluff on your stylus though .
    Account Deleted

I'm Steve.

Hi Jamie

Outstanding system, I've had the pleasure of hearing it a couple of times, as Oliver says, put the wallet away and enjoy
    your system.

Steve...
    Turntable; Rega p8
    Cartridge; Alpheta mc
    Phono Stage; Rega Aria, Bigbottle 3 mm/mc
    Amplifier; Rega Elicit
    Speakers; Rega Rx3

I'm Andrew.

I think you need something to fill your bottom shelf
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast