+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new cartridge: trouble setting up

I'm InSpace.

I've got one like that somewhere I think.

Are you supposed to muck about with graph paper n' stuff?
    Shian7
    --------------------------------------------------------

Kudakutemo
    kudakutemo

ari mizu-no tsuki

Though it be be broken -
    broken again - still it's there:
    the moon on the water.

- Choshu.

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    This is mine, and only the 2nd cartridge i have fitted so a novice ,what do you think, its a Townshend protractor.
    I think that looks great. Spot on as far as I can tell, at least for those positions. The Towshend is set up to allow checking against multiple positions across the radius of the record, for minimum distortion throughout, rather than out, mid, in - are the other points ok. How does it sound?
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    This is mine, and only the 2nd cartridge i have fitted so a novice ,what do you think, its a Townshend protractor.
    If you like the Technics SL1200 you should buy the MintLP Best Tractor and you won't have any trouble for the future mounting any cartridge available

http://www.mintlp.com

just write to Yip telling him your TT type and stock arm
    Last edited by Arlequen; 03-01-2009 at 15:25.
    *** In Stylus Veritas! ***

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Hi nick

thanks ,well it sounds pretty damn good' it took to me 2 attempts to get it there and i am well chuffed ,the thing is it sounds so different to the stock headshell and AT120e i was using and i won't be going back to that.

the soundstage is wider and deeper with a lovely openness that you get with MC's.

I'm Paul.

On cartridge setup.....

Also make sure you have the correct loading. My TT has been sounding shite for a while now. I tried to convince myself that it was just me but I just couldn't really listen to it without getting fed up with it. I fart arsed around for ages with alignment, VTA, stuffing different foams in the arm tube, all sorts of crap.

For some reason I checked the underside of my Phono amp just now, the place where the dip switches live to set gain and load. All the switches were down which isnt right. Chances are when I had the amp out on the side one of the girls got curious and popped them all down. They're not easy to get to or move accidently. I duly moved them to the correct postion and I now get wonderful music.

Its very easy to overlook the obvious
    ~Paul~

I've been running the DL110 for a while now and it's great. Don't have much to compare it to other than my CDP but i am pleased by the results.. I want to try the mintLP protractor but can't afford that right now- does anyone have one of these?

MartinT Guest

The Mint LP protractor is custom manufactured for each turntable/arm combination, so you're unlikely to be able to borrow anyone's I'm afraid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123