+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help! - I think I need a "Techy"

I'm Gone.

Default Help! - I think I need a "Techy"

At Musicosis towers we have been talking to PRS for Music and PPL about the necessary licences to include a weekly podcast or streaming service on the site. This will be made in My edit suite and at the moment if I want music from my Vinyl for a video, I use the main Hi-Fi and a flash recorder to get 24/96 Wavs. I can run a phono stage straight into the FX1082 Mixer or the analog sub mix which is a Soundcraft. However, I don't want to move the main T/T into the edit suite every time, so for convenience I need a dedicated T/T for the edit suite. I have a GL78 as a long time restoration project but this will take a time to do. So the question is can anyone think of anything other than a 1210 that would be better. I would like and old TT 71 or 101 motor unit from JVC, but these are as scarce as hens teeth these days. Assuming I'm going for the 1210 does anyone have any experience of an Arcam/Garot p77 in the standard arm? I have one in the drawer and ESC say they can sort me a new stylus for £61.00, which seems a god deal. Failing that I have a couple of Shures I could use. I don't want to use a DJ cartridge as I want better quality, without going MC

I think this should work, any ideas

Cheers

Paul S

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The Techie should be fine and I remember seeing them - and not taking much notice - when I visited the old Decca mastering rooms in Belsize Road. They had V15 III's fitted which may not have been the best match though, although the sonics were reputedly close to the master - as close as the finished vinyl allowed I was told, but what do I know..........

The P77 will be perfect in the Techie arm I believe, if a little dull sonically. If this is an issue, then experimenting with cartridge loading should easily sort it I must admit that hearing these treble suckouts occurs well above most instruments' fundamentals and even the hugely sucked-out Shure V15 II just sounds a little distant in the treble rather than dull, so maybe it's the quality of the midrange these cartridges have which is important more....

Forgive the drift - just my wayward thought processes trying to fit loose ends together in an attempt to make sense
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread