+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A few changes

I'm Matt.

Default A few changes

TT: Audio Grail Garrard 301 Grease bearing with Shindo Platter and bearing, Audio Grail Plinth, SME 312s Kondo wired tonearm, Koetsu Coralstone cartridge.

Koetsu, Audio Note and Head SUTs

Air Tight ATC-2 Pre Amp

Air Tight ATM300 Single ended with Western Electric 300bs

Tannoy 15" Reds in GRF rectangular enclosures / Tannoy ST-200 S.Tweeters

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

I'm Martin.

Do you find the supertweeters make much of a difference?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm andy.

Lovely system Matt, though not connected, what are those gold discs on the 40ohm input on the TX4 ''the head'' SUT ?, interested to know as i use one as well.

wii.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Andy.

Wow! The Koetsu, lovely looking system, well done sir.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm ChrisB.

Eeek! That's a fine looking heap of kit you have there.

......what are those gold discs on the 40ohm input on the TX4 ''the head'' SUT ?
    Take a look here Andy

I'm andy.

Ah....Thanks Chris, thought for a minute they were for loading purposes and mine were missing,
    never knew such things existed.

p.s. Chris, you got PM regarding 'Look Here' linkers.

wii.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Rich.

a very lovely system indeed, that cart is so pretty.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Mika.

Really a beautiful system you have there, congrats! Would love to see pic of the listening room also.

Have you been faithful to Koetsu for longer period of time or used something else also? If you would like to say a word of two about the differencies of the SUTs that would be interesting subject..

I'm Neil.

The Head Sut is a lovely item. I own one and while I don't use it much, its one of those items I will never part with.

Nice looking set up.

Regards D S D L

I'm Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mika K View Post
    Have you been faithful to Koetsu for longer period of time or used something else also?
    Hi Mika many thanks for your kind comments. In terms of Koetsus I have Red, Black and Coral types I also use an SME 3012 Series 1(A) with an Audio Note IO and have a number of Ortofon SPUs & JS SUTs:

Each cartridge and SUT has it's own limitations or perhaps a better way of putting it would be 'character'. I personally believe it impossible for any recording / Hi Fi to fully capture and reproduce 100% genuinely the sound of a live performance and as such I like to listen to recorded music which I can emotionally connect with and on a good day perhaps be swept up and taken away all but physically.
    In terms of what sounds like what my preferences seem to change with moods but I do consistently rather like the 301 with the 3012 series 1 paired with a Mono SPU via JS traffos. For me at least this combination seems magnetic.

I also have a Thorens 124 MKII with Ortofon 309 which I rather like and is currently on loan to a friend
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever.
    www.sellgarrard301.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast