+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new arrival

I'm Thomas.

Default new arrival

Hi, my name is Tom i live in Bedfordshire.

My current system is

Audio Analogue Verdi Settanta VT amp

Shanling CD-T80 CDP

Pioneer TX-7500 Tuner

Highly modded Technics 1210 MK3D Turntable.

Keswick Audio Blueprint speakers.

Though i am still a bit of a headbanger at heart more rock than metal my music tastes are starting to mellow and female vocalists such as Stevie Nicks, Adele & Amy Winehouse are now enjoyed along with the likes of AC/DC, Pink Floyd and others.

The majority of my listening is via Vinyl.
    Last edited by ftrtom; 07-04-2012 at 00:07.

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AOS Thomas.

Nice system.

Regards D S D L

I'm ChrisB.

Hi there, here's a warm welcome from me too. Your fellow Technics freaks here are going to want to know just exactly how 'highly modified' that deck of yours is!

Cheers

I'm John.

A very big welcome from me as well! Good to see another Audio Analogue owner on the forum.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Tom.

Enjoy the forum

Regards
    Barry

I'm Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Hi there, here's a warm welcome from me too. Your fellow Technics freaks here are going to want to know just exactly how 'highly modified' that deck of yours is!

Cheers
    Thanks for the welcome gents.

I purchased it from Gromit so maybe not as highly modified as some people go with their Turntables and I am not a Technics freak just thought i would give one a try as with my old Turntable it was impossible to play 45's without pulling the thing apart to change the belts.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hi Thomas, a warm welcome to AoS from me as well
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post

Cheers
    Bloody hell Chris, that was going to be my first question.

So, Tom, what you done to your 1210.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Bloody hell Chris, that was going to be my first question.

So, Tom, what you done to your 1210.
    Well it has been fitted with a Time step HE power supply, kab damping trough, Vantage audio bearing upgrade, Vantage audio feet, Funk Firm Achromat all this was done by Gromit.

It is currently away having a few little bits done to it by an electrical boffin who works on 1210's

all soft blue leds fitted and the Turntable stayed powered up even when the switch was turned off so that is being put right and lower hinges fitted as they are not fitted to this model.

That will be all until something else starts an itch that needs scratching and then it will be sell this

I'm Thomas.

Also how long is it before you can send and recieve pm,s

I get this when i go to private messaging.

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast