+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast

Thread: Could this be a 'giant-killing' tonearm cable?

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Alan,

In my experience, the Furutech CF-DIN(R) makes quite a significant difference, so if you can afford one, my advice would be to go for it!

Marco.
    Ok Furutech it is then, what the hell its only money , and if I dont I will allways wish I had

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Pav.

Hi sorry for revival of old thread, but is Yannis still the best for the money?

Bought recently used SME IV which replaced (excellent) Audio Mods Classic II and am thinking about the new tonearm cable. The options I have (or considered) are budget < £250 (will be sending later SME IV for Ikeda re-wire):

- Audio Origami SOFC
    - Yannis 428 with Eichmanns

I've read through almost all pages in this thread, unless I missed something, what is the opinion on stock 428 vs 428 with Eichmanns? I know there was a comparison between stock 423.5 and "pimped" version of it but don't recall comparison of 428.

I will have to use 90 degree DIN, I don't believe I could use straight one on Gyro SE.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Hexx; 17-03-2018 at 13:15. Reason: missed DIN info
    SOURCE - Michell Gyro SE | SME V | Van den Hul Frog | Whest PS.40RDT - AMP - Boulder 866 - SPEAKERS - Davone Audio Ray - CABLING - Speakers: Siltech 330L | Signal: Siltech 330i/550i/Avondale | Power: WireWorld Matrix 2 + Stratus 7 + Electra 7 + Silver Electra 7

Bigman80 Guest

I recently bought a Yannis OCC silver tonearm cable and it's significance in my system cannot be understated. The one you've mentioned, it's excellent. They're not cheap but they're very good.

Bigman80 Guest

I bought this one

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILVERCORD-....c100890.m2460

I don't buy cables, I make my own but this one was worth it. I'm still looking for a good enough cable to replace it (self build cable)

I'm Pav.

Thank you, interesting - might contact the man himself to find out what's the difference between Silvercord Plus and 428 Plus cable.
    SOURCE - Michell Gyro SE | SME V | Van den Hul Frog | Whest PS.40RDT - AMP - Boulder 866 - SPEAKERS - Davone Audio Ray - CABLING - Speakers: Siltech 330L | Signal: Siltech 330i/550i/Avondale | Power: WireWorld Matrix 2 + Stratus 7 + Electra 7 + Silver Electra 7

I'm Mike.

Yannis is a very helpful guy and will answer detailed questions. May even ask for more detail !
    May be a day or two to answer an email.

His cables are fantastic VFM.
    Not beaten until you get over £1000+
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Pav.

Small update: I decided to order 428Phono Plus with KLEI Pure Harmony RCA plugs at 1.25m length.

There are some other variables that I need to test in isolation, all around the power cables and power block. Have Wireworld Stratus 7 UK version currently on my amp going to cheap-ish Tacima block.

Got another Stratus 7 (UK) going to Matrix 2 with Schuko (EU) connectors and that currently serves my phono preamp and Michell HR (power supply) with standard power cords. Also sourced Electra 7 with Schuko (EU) plug but out of the box (pouch) it was a bit "hollow" with the rest better (soundstage, lower frequencies and control). So I'm "burning it" in on my computer to see if all the good stuff will remain and if it will gain the smoothness, size and the body of Stratus 7. My friend is an authorised dealer of Wireworld and he suggested that I should be patient and give Electra few weeks of some juice flowing through it before making any judgement - I shall follow his advice.

First things first, power cables test and then, once received, 428Phono Plus. It will be a bit strange comparison as I don't have anything else than stock cable supplied with SME IV (my version is used and over 10 years old) but I will report back once I get my head/ears around all that.

Until then, I've got quite a few records to listen to from my latest eBay acquisitions and local records fair (Mostly classical music and some old ELP and Yes. My neighbours will be happy, at least it won't be just Frank Zappa and King Crimson next weekend)
    Last edited by Hexx; 03-04-2018 at 21:47. Reason: typos, missing info and oversharing

I'm Robert.

Thought I'd resurrect this Yannis Tome cables thread.

Which one of his are you using ?

The 423.5 was excellent ! So I'm very much looking forward to receiving the 423.5Plus https://www.back-promo.co.uk/html/42...litz_plus.html

Anyone else gone from the 428 or 423.5 to the Plus version ?

How did you find it in terms of improvement ?

Oh! and while we are at it, has anyone heard from the good man lately ?
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Andrew.

Got the 420 star quad jobbie. This design outshone a Nordost TYR tonearm cable. I've never ever been tempted to get something new. Sounds utterly stunning on my Garrard 401. No, not heard from him.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Robert.

The 420 you have is about as good as it gets from what I know.

Enquired after one with Yannis, but way out of my price range, unfortunately. If my previous 423.5 is anything to go by, I expect the 423.5Plus will be fab!
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 72 FirstFirst ... 216169707172 LastLast