+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out Last Night, Photo's of SSI / Tees Industry

I'm ChrisB.

Illegal immigrants using a hollowed out penguin for a snorkel.

I'm Nobody.

AOS secret underwater headquarters, now not so secret

I'm Andy.

Hi Guys

Will put you out of your misery.
    Though there have been some very imaginative replies.
    It is actually a man on the Tees estuary at low tide digging for Lug Worm.
    His is wearing a Head Lite Torch. He was a good distance away from me and I just could not get a shot of him ( note 'shot of him' not 'at him' ) while he was not moving.

Andy - SDDW
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm graham.

Wors wots from there r Smoggys! Coming down the A19 heading south and on a clear day you could really see the layer of smog settled into the Tees Valley. Much has happened to clean the air and the most effective policy seems to have been the successive governments mis-handling of the area and people driving industry elsewhere. When I was a boy the whole night sky was lit up with the industry and blast furnace activity. I used to watch the armies of men, gas mask cases slung over their shoulders containing their bait as they cycled to and from work ICI built a massive cycle network - way before it became "trendy" which puts modern cycle lanes to shame.
    As a young lad I used to go around debt collecting and I could keep us all captive for a good few hours with some of the stories I could tell. I was never once punched or attacked which I guess proves that, at one time at least, I did have some tact! :-)

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand Dancin Donkey Walker View Post
    Take A guess

Andy - SDDW
    How did you get that photo of me swimming on my back!!!
    Rick.

Kenwood KD-650 w/ Denon DL-103 (wood body, Soundsmith elliptical retip), Lite Audio DAC-83 & LT-1 Transport, Luxman M-05 Pure Class 'A' Amplifier, Luxman C-05 preamplifier, Yamaha NS-1000M (beautifully refinished and upgraded) on custom made wood stands.

I once met a woman who would put up with me...so I married her!

I'm Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by F307 View Post
    But we had Rats the size of cats outside our snap cabin tho, they half inched my sandwiches on more than one occasion while i was out on a job during the night
    Back in 1979 I had just started my apprenticeship at Algoma Steel, it was late in the day on the my first "rolling mill" downday when I saw something moving behind a large metal garbage can.

I assumed (wrongly) that it was either a very large cat or raccoon, upon closer inspection I came face-to-face with a very large and quite agitated RAT!!!

I'm near to certain that the song "Ben" began to play, but in any event, I ran like a school girl.

3 washings and my shorts were clean again!!!!
    Rick.

Kenwood KD-650 w/ Denon DL-103 (wood body, Soundsmith elliptical retip), Lite Audio DAC-83 & LT-1 Transport, Luxman M-05 Pure Class 'A' Amplifier, Luxman C-05 preamplifier, Yamaha NS-1000M (beautifully refinished and upgraded) on custom made wood stands.

I once met a woman who would put up with me...so I married her!

I'm Andy.

During early 1980, the British Steel strike was still on.
    As an apprentice we still had to go onto the Lackenby site.
    As we were often bored, we would take a walk about the Lackenby works.
    The thing that terrified me most were the Herds, Flocks, Covens of cats that were marauding about the place.
    When a group of cats look at you in a 'You look good to eat' sort of way. You don't hang about too long.

Andy - SDDW
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12