+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golden Dawn

I'm Paul.

Default Golden Dawn

Another snapshot whilst out and about just after dawn at Woodchester park. Canon 40D/Tamron 17-50 and Helios 10 stopper, F11 480 seconds:

Default Fablus

Hi Paul

Great picture of one of our favourite walks.

Cheers

Nick
    Nick

UK - Technics SP10, EPA 500, AT33SA - Roonserver on i5 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet 1000 PRO CI - Magico S5 - Finite Elemente Wall Shelf

Spain - Roonserver on i7 NUC running Windows 10 Pro - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Ergo IX

I'm Paul.

Thanks Nick. It is a lovely spot isn't it? I try and get over for a stroll when I can and like the early mornings best.

I'm David.

I had a go at making a high powered ND after a chap on RPF bought one ...
    It didn't go so well so I sort of gave up
    http://www.realphotographersforum.co...xperiment.html
    How do you find a Helios one? Any good?

There is somthing puzzling about this image, the horizon doesn't look straight?
    Have you straightened the image to the line on the pole sticking out of the water?
    It's not a critisism btw, just an observation ...
    I like the tone of the image, nice sorta winterery sunset feel!

I've spotted a few photos you have posted now, since I make it my goal on here to poach members over to RPF I'm gonna try the same on you
    Come join RPF
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Paul.

Hi Hamish

the Heliopan (sorry, not Helios!) is very good indeed as its schlott glass and very high quality. the slight colour cast is from stacking grad filetr (Hitech) over the ND 10 stop.

For long exposures, you really need not to compromise on glass quality for the filters. Cheap ones I've found don't work well and have lots of cast.

The photo only had minimal editing (a little cropping etc) before conversion from RAW, and no, the horizon is straight, as I haven't messed with angles at all.

RPF?

I'm David.

Just a trick of the shore line then I guess ...
    I will have a look at this heliopan!
    www.realphotographersforum.com as in the link ... It's a rare beast, it's a freindly photography forum ...
    We like photos more than cameras too, so you don't find to much of the kit talk and more importantly none of the usual bickering about pixels and mtf charts and the like
    We are a fairly small membership, but it's definitely quality over quantity
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

+ Reply to Thread