+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NETFLIX

I'm Dominic.

Default NETFLIX

Antone tried this, we have and your first month is free on trial, and it is £6 a month. I think it is one of the best values for money. Anyone, got any thoughts?

Natalie

I'm Martin.

Yes, my daughter is watching it right now on the apple tv. We're on our 1 month trial.

I think that it's good for watching tv series and kids shows, but the selection of films is a bit disappointing IMHO. It is new, so the selection is going to increase I think. I can't see me ever buying or renting another movie. I think the DVD players days are numbered.

BTW, The apple tv is just brilliant, with all my music stored on apples servers, Internet radio, Netflix, streaming from my iPad or pc etc. I also watch tv programs on Netflix at my desk at lunchtime.

For only £6 per month, it's a good deal.

Hope this helps,

Martin
    Martin

Source: Sonos CONNECT DAC: Rega DAC Amp: Rega Brio-R Speakers: Neat Motive 2.

My system photos

I'm Dominic.

Hi Martin, I found that whatever genre of film you watch, they change them everytime you have watched a film in that catagory. I think it is really good value for money when you think what skye charge.

Natalie

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Harper View Post
    Antone tried this, we have and your first month is free on trial, and it is £6 a month. I think it is one of the best values for money. Anyone, got any thoughts?

Natalie
    We've joined in September 2010 and never looked back. It's the deal of the century (here in Canada we're paying $7.99 per month). Ever since we've joined, I barely looked at any DVDs or blu rays. Saved me ton of money!

Not sure about the UK version of Netflix, but Canadian Netflix seems quite different from the U.S. Netflix. We apparently get more foreign language cinema than Americans do (I know this as I was sending suggestions for some foreign movies to my America friends who are on Netflix, and they said these movies are not available for streaming in the U.S.)

Also, a lot of really good documentaries, so for us it's very educational. Edutainment, basically.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

If you are going to regularly watch films etc make sure you have unlimited downloads on your broadband or you might be in for a nasty shock when the bill comes in

I'll stick to my blu rays & DVDs as I do have a limit on downloads, not that I have ever hit it
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Dominic.

Funny you should say that about foreign filme. We have watched quite a few this week and they have been really good. I watched a german film the other night because I am very interested in WW11 and how some of the German officers tried to fight against Hitler. Not just Valkirie, there were many more who tried to fight, and when the war was over they did survive. Anyway, just one of the many reasons why I like this Netflix.

Natalie

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Harper View Post
    Hi Martin, I found that whatever genre of film you watch, they change them everytime you have watched a film in that catagory. I think it is really good value for money when you think what skye charge.

Natalie
    That's good to know because we haven't watched any films yet. We're with virgin cable and they charge £3-4 per film. Makes Netflix look like a bargain!

The virgin package that I'm on (20 mb/s) is unlimited up to a point. After that, they reduce your speed to a much lower level. I don't think that I've ever hit that limit yet, but it may happen, as we're streaming music all day and then tv on top of that in the evening.

How are you streaming? Via a laptop?

martin
    Martin

My system photos

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    We've joined in September 2010 and never looked back. It's the deal of the century (here in Canada we're paying $7.99 per month). Ever since we've joined, I barely looked at any DVDs or blu rays. Saved me ton of money!

Not sure about the UK version of Netflix, but Canadian Netflix seems quite different from the U.S. Netflix. We apparently get more foreign language cinema than Americans do (I know this as I was sending suggestions for some foreign movies to my America friends who are on Netflix, and they said these movies are not available for streaming in the U.S.)

Also, a lot of really good documentaries, so for us it's very educational. Edutainment, basically.
    Are you saying that Americans are intellectually challenged?

only joking!
    Last edited by Martinh; 08-03-2012 at 20:55.
    Martin

My system photos

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinh View Post
    Are you saying that Americans are intellectually challenged?

only joking!
    From all I know, culturally speaking, Americans don't seem big on reading subtitles (hence, they're not too keen on following foreign cinematography). But at least they don't seem to want to stoop down to the infernal levels that some other nations do and overdub foreign movies in their native tongue. That, to me, is crime against humanity.

But jokingly or not, I don't think Americans are intellectually challenged. True, they may suffer the unfortunate consequences of having one of the worst public school systems in the developed world, but my impression is that they amply compensate in other areas, such as their amazing focus on self-reliance etc.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    If you are going to regularly watch films etc make sure you have unlimited downloads on your broadband or you might be in for a nasty shock when the bill comes in

I'll stick to my blu rays & DVDs as I do have a limit on downloads, not that I have ever hit it
    Canadian Netflix gives us the option to go with smaller bandwidth streaming (which at the end of the day means that high definition movies are not necessarily going to be streamed in blu ray quality), but I haven't found any need for it so far, as we never seem to hit the ceiling. And we're watching hours of streaming pretty much on a daily basis, and a lot of that are HD movies/TV shows.

Of course, that all depends on one's local internet provider. YMMV...

Alex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast