+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some photos from a recent walk

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Very nice pics Hamish some peolpe just seem to have a knack at it, jealous me no
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    How do you know they kept tatties in that shed?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Yeah I know what you mean about the cloth Shaun ... Ha to do that with a mamiya c3 and felt a bit odd!

This ones a symmar-s

I'm loving ilfosol 3 with fp4 at the mo...
    DDX for everything else ... Expensive but awesome!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
    Very nice pics Hamish some peolpe just seem to have a knack at it, jealous me no
    cheers

I'm Jason.

Very nice pics Hamish....

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Cheers Shaun! MF has really got me properly enjoying photography for the first time since I started doing it for work I think... Got a lot better at processing my films for minimising dust and finding film/chem combos and timings I like the effect of etc ... Loads of fun!
    Ive just borrowed an MPP micro technical with a schneider 150mm 5.6
    Medium format slowed me down quite a bit so we shall see what large format does!
    I wonder if analogue film will start to appeal again the way vinyl has. b/w is easy to process at home but the thought of producing straight b/w though doesn't really appeal to me - last year I started making some albumen prints and cyanotypes which you can print on to virtually any surface. a bit of a faff but all good fun.
    Paul.

I'm David.

I'm not sure it will start to appeal again... I think it already is, and has been for a while!
    I was chatting to a chap from ilford at focus who was telling me that last year they sold more roll film than any year previous ... Even comparing to years before digital came along!
    Folk like Mike Walker with his Titan 5x4 pinhole and later this year 10x8 pinhole combined with patersons MOD 54 are making even large format photography incredibly accessible.
    All that combined with the fact that with a digital scanner, half decent computer and some photo editing software you can shoot film and process digitally with superb results makes it very appealing to a lot of people!

I'm David.

... Does sound like good fun!

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    I'm not sure it will start to appeal again... I think it already is, and has been for a while!
    I was chatting to a chap from ilford at focus who was telling me that last year they sold more roll film than any year previous ... Even comparing to years before digital came along!
    Folk like Mike Walker with his Titan 5x4 pinhole and later this year 10x8 pinhole combined with patersons MOD 54 are making even large format photography incredibly accessible.
    All that combined with the fact that with a digital scanner, half decent computer and some photo editing software you can shoot film and process digitally with superb results makes it very appealing to a lot of people!
    yes, I can remember when the death knell was sounding for Ilford, about the time digital was really coming into its own in the late 90's. I think BW was always likely to survive as an independent force. I was never so optimistic about polaroid though, I always thought it would disappear and still do eventually. I always found it such a self regarding medium. Of course all this is fairly irrelevant for the pro sector which is now fully wed to digital and never likely to file for divorce for financial reasons
    Paul.

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Sat and watched a slide show of old steam shows from 1966 on Friday night, the slides where still in very good condition and had very strong colours and pin sharp , he used Kodachrome film and swore by it especially as he strayed to another manufacturer a couple of times whos name escapes me but needless to say they all went brown and had to be binned
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast