+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: Recipes for scrumptious and reasonably healthy food

I'm Anto.

I like the rapeseed oil from Lidl, very tasty and the Walnut oil, esp good for browning chicken breasts before adding to curries /casseroles
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Grant.

Default Recipes for scrumptious and reasonably healthy food

My special mince.

1 onion slices and cooked in mix of olive and avacado oil with Asafoetida and Mace.. Add mince, some beef stock, balsamic vinegar, best soy, oyster sauce and fish sauce. thicken with whatever's your fancy to taste.

gorgeous stuff and can be used as mince or added to a dish like pasta or whatever.

Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

After applying a salt and pepper rub to a roasting joint, I then coat in extra virgin olive oil. It helps a lovely crust to develop. I also put a glug of extra virgin olive oil into my drained parboiled roasties before shaking them up, but there is no substitute for having animal fat in the roasting pan, at oven temperature, before the roasties go in. Beef dripping, goose fat or lard, in that order of preference.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    My special mince.

1 onion slices and cooked in mix of olive and avacado oil with Asafoetida and Mace.. Add mince, some beef stock, balsamic vinegar, best soy, oyster sauce and fish sauce. thicken with whatever's your fancy to taste.

gorgeous stuff and can be used as mince or added to a dish like pasta or whatever.

Seems a good idea, might try this over the weekend.
    Spendorman

I'm Grant.

picked up a box of sea asparagus or samphire today. 8p. so give it a quick blanch and tray freeze it then into bag or box. nice salty taste for many dishes, usually tossed in oil

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

I like a bit of samphire, maybe with some sea bass and crushed potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    After applying a salt and pepper rub to a roasting joint, I then coat in extra virgin olive oil. It helps a lovely crust to develop. I also put a glug of extra virgin olive oil into my drained parboiled roasties before shaking them up, but there is no substitute for having animal fat in the roasting pan, at oven temperature, before the roasties go in. Beef dripping, goose fat or lard, in that order of preference.
    If there's space put the potatoes in the same tray as the roasting joint, after as you state coating in olive oil, so they soak up the meat flavours aswell, quite wonderful. In practice I noticed olive oil gives the best roast potatoes, better than goose fat. Something backed up by Heston bluementhal.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Grant.

this is a new one on me but its lovely tasting oil..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Not seen that. I like a small drop of toasted sesame oil in a stir fry.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Not seen that. I like a small drop of toasted sesame oil in a stir fry.
    was looking for a small bottle of that myself but only had biggish bottles
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast