+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric Vehicles - Really?

I'm Justin.

Default Electric Vehicles - Really?

Watch this:

Now get this: they are pretty much ALL illegal in this country for use on public footpaths and roads.

Even electric bicycles have absurd restrictions.

Killjoy, nanny state failing to practise what it preaches? Or just an out of date, slow to react government? Or the right course of action?

Me? I an going to buy an electric skateboard and see what happens. Very, very little is my bet. Worst off scenario I suspect would be a conversation with a policeman. But where do you ever see those these days?

I went out on my skateboard today. I haven't forgotten how. Keen skateboarder in my time, me.

I'm Martin.

Great ides as long as you live somewhere that is completely flat with mostly dry weather.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Grandson has one of those 2 wheel boards. It's heavy and quite quick. It's illegal to use apparently anywhere bar private ground tho. A bit silly but guess you can't have thousands of folk zooming around knocking granny down or causing accidents. Or can we?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Great ides as long as you live somewhere that is completely flat with mostly dry weather.
    Some electric skateboards will go up 30 degree inclines. You can fit off road wheels too and run them on grass.

Electric scooters are classified as mopeds here. You have to register and pass a test. And even then I think only one brand of electric scooter is actually legal here.

Scooters (and other personal EVs) don't need flat roads but then going up hills drains batteries, but going down them charges them up. Far better than you might think.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Grandson has one of those 2 wheel boards. It's heavy and quite quick. It's illegal to use apparently anywhere bar private ground tho. A bit silly but guess you can't have thousands of folk zooming around knocking granny down or causing accidents. Or can we?
    Have you ever been to Amsterdam? Pedestrians do NOT have right of way.

Seems to work.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Some electric skateboards will go up 30 degree inclines. You can fit off road wheels too and run them on grass.

Electric scooters are classified as mopeds here. You have to register and pass a test. And even then I think only one brand of electric scooter is actually legal here.

Scooters (and other personal EVs) don't need flat roads but then going up hills drains batteries, but going down them charges them up. Far better than you might think.
    Our traffic systems are antiquated here tbh. It's mostly because our roads are old and pedestrian footpaths are small. Bike lanes few etc. It's all the car. Disabled scooters are frowned upon etc. A farce really
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Our traffic systems are antiquated here tbh. It's mostly because our roads are old and pedestrian footpaths are small. Bike lanes few etc. It's all the car. Disabled scooters are frowned upon etc. A farce really
    I do think we will need to do something about it. And I think we will. These vehicles will get so advanced they will have built in protection and communicate with each other for safety's sake.

That's a long way off (or is it really?) but in order to get green these things are necessary and are not an evil.

Getting green with current tech probably means more nuke power stations to charge these things and electric vehicles up, at least until fusion reactors become a reality, but hey.

Some European countries are starting to get hip to this devices.

I'm Grant.

It's trickier here as our town are old mostly so roads etc aren't very big. A lot of Europe was flattened in war and were rebuilt with an eye to the future
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

They are called cyclists. A bit like baseball hats, lime green lycra instantly knocks 20-30 points of a bloke's IQ.

I'm Grant.

He's only 7
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast