+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do our idols owe us a living?

I'm Neil.

Default Yes

I agree Atom Heart mother live with a Brass band would be amazing. Did it ever happen, I suppose it must have ?

Regards D S D L---- Neil

I'm Nick.

Oh yes, lots of times - with local orchestras and choirs often, though the same conductor. The musicians would sight-read and sometimes the results were better than others It was also played as a 4 piece as well, and works in that format - the Floyd could improvise more without the orchestra and other musicians playing along.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Covenant View Post
    Waters is worth listening to is because he has something to say, usually something he is unhappy about whereas Gilmour has a more or less idyllic existence and can just about manage to tell us about a walk with his wife down by the river (they had a picnic).
    I was excited about on an island but when i heard that tinkling picnic song, i actually felt angry. probably not the mood he was hoping to portray.
    Beechy is right about waters being embarrasing though. i saw him in '06&'07 and both times had to put up with a song called 'leaving beruit'. utter dogshit.
    his heart's in the right place but his head is often up his arse
    on the comeback front though, if they ('pink floyd')announced a world tour tomorrow, it'd be sold out tomorrow. and the same goes for zep.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    recovering audioholic

Technics: SL 1210 mk2 / KAB PS1200 psu /Trans-fi Terminator / AT-OC9MLII / WD ph3s /Bluesound node 2i/Musical Fidelity Ms3i/ WADkit 6550 / Tannoy revolution xt8f

Gareth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12