+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts about posting items you have sold or want to sell

I'm Stephen.

Just to add my twopenneth - I will only use RoyalMail and/or ParcelForce. I have always had great service both as a seller and buyer - never lost a package and I think the costs are reasonable - OK I dont send uber expensive stuff abroad so am not affected by the high cost of insurance. Their international small packet service is excellent value and on low cost items the insurance is OK (just sent a Sonus cartridge to Norway and tracked, insured and signed for was about a tenner.
    They also reliably deliver to me at work (hospital) whereas couriers like City Link universally screw up - basically they cant be arsed to spend an extra 5 mins to find somewhere to park - I now enquire when I am buying which mail delivery service they use and like as not if it's not RM, FedEx or UPS I dont buy.

Oh another reason for using RM is it supprts my local village Post Office - the ladies who run it are just so nice

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm Tony.

Thanks twotone, will check out Parcel Monkey. I have used Parcel2Go several times and found them great. The last time (I use them for business) was a bit pathetic but they upped the service for free to next day delivery. 10 something, Post Office 43 for the same job. Still will check out Parcel Monkey, Parcel2Go good, seem to get a lot of email crap but I haven't looked to unsubscribe yet while I see what they offer.

I'm Lawrence.

BEWARE this website is dodgy according to my phone it won't let me view it.

I'm Grant.

if its big or fragile use ups.if its urgent rm next day is good. cheaper less damagale stuff hermes have come on a bundle
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/M55E/EMOTIVA XPS1 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, DEEZER HiFi - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Alan.

parcel2go for big stuff...pay insurance to the full value of the item and tick the box which says...recipient must sign for the item....smaller inexpensive stuff...up to 50.00 the post office is a no brainer...I have had one lost item in 14 years...and then that arrived back at my address 4 months later...the post office had compensated me for the loss...I offered to pay them back and they told me to keep the compensation
    'ANSOM IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER

Cambridge Audio stream magic 6, Seagate nas drive, Sony X559ES CD Player, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Sugden Headmaster headphone/pre-amp, Class D power amp, Shanling dac 50, Roksan Darius speakers, Target R1's, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    BEWARE this website is dodgy according to my phone it won't let me view it.
    Dealt with.
    Regards Neil

System 1 (Living Room) : AMG Giro turntable, AMG 9W2 tonearm, Air Tight PC3 cartridge, Passlabs Xono phonostage, AMG Reference armcable. Marantz CD7 CD player, Sony HAP Z1es Digital File Player + Audioquest Jitter Bug, AMR DP777 DAC + HP laptop + iFi Audio i power, Wireworld Starlight USB + Audioquest Jitter Bug, for computer audio, Audio Valve RKV2 headphone amp, headphones Grado GS 1000, Nakamichi CR5e tape deck, Balanced Audio Technology VK300se integrated amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. Cabling: Signal - Atlas Mavros, Audience AU24, Speaker - Atlas Mavros. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, Analysis Plus, TCI. Mark Grant distribution blocks, Equipment tables Target Audio B series.

System 2 (Music Room) : Loricraft Garrard 401 turntable + SME 5 tonearm + VDH MC10 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Modified Technics 1200 turntable + Triplannar 7 tonearm + VDH Frog Gold cartridge + Paul Hynes SR7 PSU, SME Model 20 turntable + Graham Phantom tonearm + Ortofon MC5200 cartridge + Graham IC70 tonearm cable, Balanced Audio Technology VK10se phonostage, Moon Andromeda CD player, Esoteric P5 SACD transport and P 5 DAC, Toshiba 9500 DVD Audio player, AMR DP777 DAC + Dell Laptop + iFi Audio i power + JKenny JKSPIDIF + Wireworld Starlight USB - for computer audio, Kenwood 8300 tuner, Revox B760 tuner, Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth, Leak Troughline tuner + EAR Stereo decoder, Revox B77 mk 2 & Revox A77 mk3 reel to reel recorders, Balanced Audio Technology VK52se pre-amplifier, Music Reference RM200 mk1 power-amplifier, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5 speakers. Cabling: Signal/Speaker - Audience AU24, XLO Type6. Mains Cabling: Audience AU24, TCI. Mains distribution blocks Mark Grant and Russ Andrews, Equipment tables Clear Light Audio.

I'm Vince.

Parcel 2Go and I select MyHermes were I can. These are local people who know there job depends on you getting your parcel. I've also found that they will knock more than once and then running away. I have used other and had no problems and if it is a really small item, i.e. a fuse, then Royal Mail, signed for. However we are all entitled to use who ever we feel are best for yourself.

I'm Martin.

There's loads of these threads about and the only thing you ever learn from them is that all parcel companies screw up sometimes. Life's a lottery, stay lucky.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'The best I advice I ever received was to always remember that no-one else has any idea what they are doing either.'

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Parcel 2Go and I select MyHermes were I can. .
    lol you must be the only one i know that does this out of choice
    My System/ Yamaha NS1000M speakers ,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,Pioneer PA-5000,Alphason HR-100S-MCS,Zeta tonearms,Denon 103SA Cartridge's,Denon HA-500 Head Amp, John Wood KT88 Valve Amp,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp ,

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    lol you must be the only one i know that does this out of choice
    +1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast