+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts about posting items you have sold or want to sell

I'm Stephen.

Just to add my twopenneth - I will only use RoyalMail and/or ParcelForce. I have always had great service both as a seller and buyer - never lost a package and I think the costs are reasonable - OK I dont send uber expensive stuff abroad so am not affected by the high cost of insurance. Their international small packet service is excellent value and on low cost items the insurance is OK (just sent a Sonus cartridge to Norway and tracked, insured and signed for was about a tenner.
    They also reliably deliver to me at work (hospital) whereas couriers like City Link universally screw up - basically they cant be arsed to spend an extra 5 mins to find somewhere to park - I now enquire when I am buying which mail delivery service they use and like as not if it's not RM, FedEx or UPS I dont buy.

Oh another reason for using RM is it supprts my local village Post Office - the ladies who run it are just so nice

Steve
    Always a little further

I'm Tony.

Thanks twotone, will check out Parcel Monkey. I have used Parcel2Go several times and found them great. The last time (I use them for business) was a bit pathetic but they upped the service for free to next day delivery. £10 something, Post Office £43 for the same job. Still will check out Parcel Monkey, Parcel2Go good, seem to get a lot of email crap but I haven't looked to unsubscribe yet while I see what they offer.

I'm Lawrence.

BEWARE this website is dodgy according to my phone it won't let me view it.

I'm Grant.

if its big or fragile use ups.if its urgent rm next day is good. cheaper less damagale stuff hermes have come on a bundle
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

parcel2go for big stuff...pay insurance to the full value of the item and tick the box which says...recipient must sign for the item....smaller inexpensive stuff...up to £50.00 the post office is a no brainer...I have had one lost item in 14 years...and then that arrived back at my address 4 months later...the post office had compensated me for the loss...I offered to pay them back and they told me to keep the compensation
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    BEWARE this website is dodgy according to my phone it won't let me view it.
    Dealt with.
    Regards Neil

I'm Vince.

Parcel 2Go and I select MyHermes were I can. These are local people who know there job depends on you getting your parcel. I've also found that they will knock more than once and then running away. I have used other and had no problems and if it is a really small item, i.e. a fuse, then Royal Mail, signed for. However we are all entitled to use who ever we feel are best for yourself.

I'm Martin.

There's loads of these threads about and the only thing you ever learn from them is that all parcel companies screw up sometimes. Life's a lottery, stay lucky.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Parcel 2Go and I select MyHermes were I can. .
    lol you must be the only one i know that does this out of choice
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    lol you must be the only one i know that does this out of choice