+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Rogers amp, AO R200, Pass DCB1, Audio Synthesis, Lenco, cartridges etc

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: Rogers amp, AO R200, Pass DCB1, Audio Synthesis, Lenco, cartridges etc

Having to sell some bits to raise funds for my new Audio Note transport. I'd already bought a new transport when my previous Wadia sale fell through, so I need to sell that as well as some these other bits here. Quite a few of these were acquired for a second system in my study (mainly to play mono) that I've decided reluctantly to abandon.

Rogers Cadet Mk3 amplifier - really sweet 12 watt push-pull marvel, nice blurb here, picked up here recently for £100, I'm happy to let it go for the same price, collected or delivered to Scalford. Externals (mains cable, RCA inputs, speaker posts) have all been modernised and ancient components replaced but otherwise the circuit is unaltered. Sounded lovely with my Tannoys, rivals the Leak Stereo 20 for tuneful oopmh and attention to detail. NOW SOLD

Audio Synthesis transport, early model still Sony-branded but with Audio Synthesis boards and modded bits inside. Really top transport, gave the Wadia a run for its money, I picked this up as I anticipated a delay in getting the new transport and wanted to bridge the time between delivering it at Scalford. Mods include mains switch bypass and slightly dimmed main display. With Sony remote. Three outputs SPDIF (RCA), Optical and AT&T. SOLD

Well-fettled Lenco GL75, redrilled, filled and painted for standard Rega-fit arm. As those who frequent the Lenco forum will know, the mechanicals on the Lenco (which are the same across the range from GL75 up to G88 and G99) are the equal of anything from Garrard or Thorens. Redrilling for a decent arm and junking the original one enables these turntables to play easily with the big boys. This one has been nicely fettled by its previous owner and is dead quiet and speed stable. It's in a Lenco spring plinth with lid, which works well but replinthing would give Thorens performance for about 10% of the cost. I paid £100 on here to Shuggy, looking for £100 back.NOW SOLD

Rega R200 tonearm, Audio Origami fettled with internal and external rewire and original Rega headshell. Really nice example with fully working bias control. Paid £200 recently on another forum, looking for that back.

Never thought I'd sell this but needs must, Nelson Pass B1 buffer-passive-preamp. Google Pass B1 if you want the tech specs but in my system this beat every expensive passive pre, LDA and TVC I threw up against it. Lovely sound. This is the later version of the board, DC-coupled (known as the DCB1) which came out of a project at diyaudio.com which Nelson Pass himself participated in, also uses a multi-regulator Salas power supply and some reasonably nice components as well as a cracker of a solid aluminium case. ON HOLD

Clearaudio Sixstream RCA-RCA interconnect. £600 retail, this is the stuff Clearaudio use as low-noise cable for their high-end tonearms. Copper litz construction, surrounded by heavy screening with really nice gold-plated RCAs, it's great to protect a signal where it's noisy (eg a tonearm, if you have one that uses RCA plugs). Looking for £100. SOLD

Finally, two cartridges:

AT-440MLa, little used, in orlginal box, £60 same as this one one of the best moving magnet cartridges around.
    Shure M44-7 with Expert Stylus Company-supplied stylus, for 78s, paid £45 on another forum and looking for that back.

Pics to follow.
    Last edited by montesquieu; 21-02-2012 at 14:43.

montesquieu Guest

That was quick Rogers and AT440-MLA sold.

I'm Simon.

Tom, I'm interested in the DCB1 if you put it back up, case not important.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

montesquieu Guest

Audio Synthesis and Clearaudio now sold.

montesquieu Guest

Default Lenco now sold ....

Only two items left:

Shure M44-7 cartrdge with Expert Stylus Company-supplied stylus for use with 78s, paid £45 on the wam and looking for that back.

Rega R200 tonearm, Audio Origami fettled with internal and external rewire and original Rega headshell. Really nice example with fully working bias control. Paid £200 recently on the wam, looking for that back. Really superb tonearm and an absolute bargain at the price.

+ Reply to Thread