+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valve amp wanted

I'm Maciej.

Default Valve amp wanted

I'm looking for valve amplifier for up to 400 (prefer cheaper . This will be my first valve amplifier. I'm based in Dublin, so It has to be shipped.
    Thanks

I'm Nobody.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Maciej,

Welcome to AoS

As Andre has mentioned, please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself properly to our community, by telling us what system you use and what music you like. This must be done before posting in the classifieds section.

Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Dan.

Once u have introduced urself to the wonderful people on here this following link may beof interest to in the classified section
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16024

Have fun using the forum

I'm Maciej.

bump...

I'm Jostein.

A friend of mine has just got one of those Music Angels, and he is very happy with it. It was his first experience with valve amps, and it has been a good one.

If you can go a bit higher this might be a good deal:

http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread...hnology-Unisis
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I've couple I would sell. What sort of amp and what power output are you looking for?

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The Unisis-is-is-is-is was a striking confection of chrome wonderment. Sounded nice too I remember and didn't thrash the valves as my Genesis Mono's did at the time..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Maciej.

Thanks for help friends,
    I'm looking for my first valve amp. I have NAD C355Bee and it is not enough musical when I listen music not too loud.
    My speakers are Acoustics Energy Neo3 (which I will sell and buy new in the future). This was my first stereo. The source is squeezebox touch.

My MAX budget is 500 including shipping to ROI. I heard that wd KEL84 is good amp and I would be interested in buying one of this. Are there any better deals around?

Thanks,

I'm inthescottishmafia.

There is a KEL for sale on the WD forum. Do you want me to contact the seller for you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast