+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Infra Red Photography

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    also, out of interest did you use a red filter for these shots?
    do you rate SFX?
    I used an R72 filter for my infra red work and no, I really don't rate SFX200 at all. It is not really an infra red film it is a surveillance film. One of the best infra red films at the moment is the one made by Rollei.

I'm David.

not bad at all ...
    funnily enough I have a similar arrangement with a cafe in worcester
    Im building up a body of work of Worcesters older architecture and views ...
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15052

I had a similar feeling about blad kit ... but ultimately i wanted a square format camera and was seduced by the pictures i had seen! A member of my forum has a lot of blad kit and i loved the photos ... possibly because he is a better photog than me, but thats a different story

I nearly went down the road of a fuji gf670
    http://fujifilm.jp/personal/filmandc...670/index.html
    but they are £1700 ... the blad 500c/m, 80mm, prism and back set me back £500 + £150 for a service ... for that hypothetical left over grand I could afford the 50mm cf and 150mm cf ...
    A mamiya 6 was another option, and still is one day i think ... plaubel makina 67 was also considered (for the highly regarded nikon lens and size i was willing to go 6x7) ... but both a significant chunk more than the hasselblad!
    It eventually became clear that if i wanted a square format camera the blad was actually one of the cheaper options!
    admittedly I could have gone down the pentacon 6 road, cheaper lenses etc or even the kiev road ... but eventually the lure of Carl and Victor won
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I used an R72 filter for my infra red work and no, I really don't rate SFX200 at all. It is not really an infra red film it is a surveillance film. One of the best infra red films at the moment is the one made by Rollei.
    could you point me in the right direction ...
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Shaun.

could you point me in the right direction ...
    Try this for size:

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/rol...m-36-830-p.asp

I'm David.

nice one... just need to dig out that r72 filter and see if i can work a way to fix it to the blad ..

I'm Shaun.

nice one... just need to dig out that r72 filter and see if i can work a way to fix it to the blad ..
    That's easy; check out ebay. Hasselblad B60 to 62mm bayonet adapter ring. Should be a couple of quid from China.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post

APPROACH MARKER, RAF Donna Nook, Lincolnshire, 1997
    Beautiful set of pictures.

I recognised that approach marker and found a photo on my hard drives from winter 2004 when we went to see the grey seals and pups on the sandbanks at Donna Nook.

It's a dull picture as it was a dull day and its not had any photoshop.

Seeing your pictures reminds me that I have not been to Donna Nook or castle Howard for years....must have some days out this year....

I'm David.

Nice one Shaun, just ordered one...

I'm Twisted.

The D70 is also easy to convert to infra red. It takes about half an hour, then you can use it like a normal camera - no need for filters or long exposures. You can also adjust the autofocus point to remove the guesswork.

Film can have wonderful quality, but so can digital. They are just different and the most part digital is far easier to use.
    Simon

MINI DSP SHD; Longdog 300b; Reiver Fenwicks

Twitter @siashmore

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmore View Post
    The D70 is also easy to convert to infra red. It takes about half an hour, then you can use it like a normal camera - no need for filters or long exposures. You can also adjust the autofocus point to remove the guesswork.

Film can have wonderful quality, but so can digital. They are just different and the most part digital is far easier to use.
    That has always been my point when comparing traditional photography with digital photography. Digital photography is amazingly convenient but then I have never been involved with photography just because it was convenient. I grew up to be an industrial chemist but the interest in photography was always there because of the chemistry. Traditional photography is incredibly difficult if done properly and therein lies its attraction. It will never be merely convenient.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast