• I like this

5 71.43%
  • I am going to buy this

1 14.29%
  • Wow this is really good

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Album Club: 07.02.2012: Surinder Sandhu - Cycles and Stories (2004)

I'm ILOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    OMG, i had to listen on Spotify using my gaming rig!
    Spotify doesn't do Linux

I've really enjoyed listening to this. In fact, I'll probably buy it.
    A very interesting choice John. I'm not sure how often it will get played given it doesn't quite satisfy my seeming insatiable taste for banging tunes, tasteless pop, or get down funk.

7/10
    Hi John
    Glad you liked it his latest album sounds like it be a lot more funky but I think some of the bass playing is quite funk influnced
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Steve.

Spotify doesn't do Linux
    Au contraire mon ami! If you install 'playonlinux' there is a version on it that worked for me in Mint no problem, give it a whirl.

Oh, btw I gave this a 5 as it really is not my bag despite the skill on display/ thanks for getting me to listen though.

Steve
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    Au contraire mon ami! If you install 'playonlinux' there is a version on it that worked for me in Mint no problem, give it a whirl.

Oh, btw I gave this a 5 as it really is not my bag despite the skill on display/ thanks for getting me to listen though.

Steve

Wasat in English mate?

Cheers Steve. I have been trying very hard not to install Play on Linux; mainly because that's exactly what I would end up doing.
    Mind you the way things are going its going to be Wine or PoL.
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Steve.

Well I only use it for Spotify. the one in the software repository is an old one but works fine. I would like to know if I can get COD2 to work with PoL..

Steve

I'm John.

If you can get a few games working don't tell me!

I've kinda dismissed the possibility given the problems I had with Wine on Ubuntu 10.04.
    Its not so much the getting games to run, its all the mouse amd gfx tweaks that I've got sorted in Windows.
    I mean ffs, my in game kills to deaths ratio and performance might take a hit!!
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm Steve.

If you can get a few games working don't tell me!

I've kinda dismissed the possibility given the problems I had with Wine on Ubuntu 10.04.
    Its not so much the getting games to run, its all the mouse amd gfx tweaks that I've got sorted in Windows.
    I mean ffs, my in game kills to deaths ratio and performance might take a hit!!
    (sorry for thread derail!)

well, I used to take it all VERY seriously and have been a member of a couple of squads in the past but now it is all just for fun. No amount of messing with settings will compensate for my lack of skillz while fragging.

I'm John.

Yeah sry John....
    I'll piss off in a mo.

I started really late Steve and got it bad very quickly. Shame we cant do a gaming vets bit somewhere.
    I still belong to a clan, but haven't played much recently much to the annoyance of my clan mates. Strange the people that play. My flag man is in fact a women and she's in her thirties! Not just for kids. In fact I think the kids should be banned after 7pm and the adults should take over.

-Bertrand Russel

John.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Well I have played this 3 times now and I really like it, probably going to buy it or at least something by Surinder as I would like some in my collection.

Thanks John, good choice and I'm giving it an 8
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm ChrisB.

Funnily enough, I played this again today and coming back to it after a while, it sounded great.

.........except for that bloomin' scat!

I'm Keith.

I've not been able to hear this anywhere near its best as I've had to resort to Spotify via my Windows box and headphone amp as my main Linux PC doesn't do Spotify these days after stripping it back to the essentials only.

Anyway, even so it's right up my street and have ordered the CD. 8 out of 10 from me.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast