+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow in Southall.

I'm John.

Nothin' here, it's 9c and the sun is (was) shining. Snow, no thanks, too bloody cold when it does!

John
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Bob.

Used to chuckle from Scotland at the headlines of "the whole of the UK" grinding to a halt with 0.01m of snow..... It is all perspective I guess, but 0.16m ???

A bit warmer here from -18 daytime -30 nights over last few days, hovering around the -6 mark today, and snow finally hitting us here up near Moldova. About 0.5m in the last 2 days around the city, so on top of the ice that did not clear, a bit of fun.... Just back from digging the car a way in/out, so thawing out with a nice cup of tea..... Ah...Tetleys....

I'm Neil.

No snow here either. Must say the news at lunchtime was a laugh as it made out it was an event of apocalyptic dimensions. Look a few inches is a hick up if it was a few m's that's a major event.

The problems in Syria are more serious and deserved top billing not a touch of the white stuff.

Regards D S D L

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbasrah View Post
    Used to chuckle from Scotland at the headlines of "the whole of the UK" grinding to a halt with 0.01m of snow..... It is all perspective I guess, but 0.16m ???

A bit warmer here from -18 daytime -30 nights over last few days, hovering around the -6 mark today, and snow finally hitting us here up near Moldova. About 0.5m in the last 2 days around the city, so on top of the ice that did not clear, a bit of fun.... Just back from digging the car a way in/out, so thawing out with a nice cup of tea..... Ah...Tetleys....

Now you guys and parts of Europe have been having major issues with snow, many dead and some governments calling a state of national emergency. This puts a few inches into some kind of perspective.

Regards D S D L

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Now you guys and parts of Europe have been having major issues with snow, many dead and some governments calling a state of national emergency. This puts a few inches into some kind of perspective.

Regards D S D L
    Yep.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

We had a few inches - enough to have a little bit of fun.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mark.

We had about 4 inches of snow overnight in East Yorkshire.

A beautiful sunny afternoon so we went for a long walk and took a few photos.

Rabbit racks across a snowy field.

-------------------------------------------

Tracey wandering off as I keep stopping to take photos, a long walk ahead......

-----

A sign post on a bridleway across a farm, turning left would be a shortcut home, we went straight on to do the long walk.
    I liked the sun behind the post.

------------

A view across a farm, I liked the vapour trail from the aircraft heading across the sun from left to right, I snapped it just in time.

------

On the way home and the sun getting lower in the sky.

Absolutely knackered now as walking for hours in the snow is hard work and I am as unfit as a dead rat at the moment....

-----

A night time view from our bedroom window of our sheep in the garden.
    They cant find much to eat.
    It's no problem though as they are a special breed of fibreglass sheep from India or Thailand

The technical details of the photos are picture 1 to 5 taken with a Canon Powershot SX 220HS that I bought recently as I spotted it second hand on a forum and could not resist...
    It's a bit complicated and I may have to read the instructions...
    amazon link to what it looks like:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004M8S15...SIN=B004M8S152

Photo 6 of the sheep was taken in almost darkness with a Canon 60D at ISO 3200 hence the pixel noise.

No photoshop on any photos, just resized for photobucket.

I'm John.

Good photos Mark. The one On the way home is really rather good and who needs an SLR anyway? Fantastic.

John
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Clark.

The garden turned monochromatic this morning

I'm Shane.

Mark Grant,

Really like the pics. York looks very nice in the snow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast