+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A&R Cambridge Arcam Alpha amp

I'm Steve.

I know two very good friends who bought A60's on my advice following my own experience with the device and loved them. Both had them re-capped and a nip and tuck with the phono stage. One of the amps made it's way to NEBO3 (North East Bake Off) and caught everyones attention. Re-capped and a spray of pledge they are flippin wonderful. When something is well designed and executed it will stand the test of time. The A&R A60 really is an overlooked diamond.

I'm Geoff.

I had the same opinion of the A60, as I had of the Audiolab 8000 and the NAD 3020. Personally, I was not keen.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martyn.

I ‘dug out’ my Alpha to try it with a pair of LS3/5as I have just built. Running it with an old Rotel RCD - 965BX CD player, I am really surprised how good it sounds.
    OK, it could be the CD player and the speakers making the whole system sound good but the Alpha amp. sounds good with lesser components.
    By the way, the ‘3/5as are superb. Brand new Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a baffles, with the latest Derek Hughes crossovers. Cabinets are ex. BBC Rogers with XLR connectors.
    As I am a big Harbeth P3 ESR fan, these ‘modern’ LS3/5as have really surprised me...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234