+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Audio

I'm John.

Default Room

We took advantage of cheap builders 2 yrs ago and built above the garage.

This is now our HT and music room, not ideal at 7m long by 2.5 wide but its all Ive got..lol
    Main System: Inspire Eclipse SE, RB1000, 2M Black, MF XLPSv3, MF XPSU, Morgan Audio Deva 500 Valve Pre Amp,Morgan Audio 500 Dual Mono Power Amp, Denon 3930 (CD Transport), MF XDACv3, MF X10v3, AE Linear 3 and REL Strata..

AV Sony 480 Bluray, Yamaha RXV3900, JVC HD1, Kef Q5 Q9C and Kef Surrounds (7.1) Paradigm PS1000 Sub

Second Morgan Audio Deva 300s Intergrated Amp HK970 CD (Limited Edition) Project Debut fitted with 2M Blue (Lipstick on a Pig) Acoustic Energy AE100 Speakers

Big Phew

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@panteg View Post
    Sounds interesting , I'm curious that you're using a rel sub with the Linear3's ? I find the bass to be fairly prodigious with mine .
    The Morgan 300 doesn't have the sassiest or fruitiest deep-bass - according to Robin he designed it with standmount speakers in mind, iirc - I'd imagine a well integrated subwoofer would work well.

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    The Morgan 300 doesn't have the sassiest or fruitiest deep-bass - according to Robin he designed it with standmount speakers in mind, iirc - I'd imagine a well integrated subwoofer would work well.
    Thanks Jerry

It's not a pipe and slippers amp is it
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm gone.

Nope, Robin Stephens doesn't seem to think that music replay should be laid back and smoothed over - that's why I like his kit so much!

So much kit seems to extract the musical excitement from recordings .. that's not been on the agenda for the several items of Morgan electronics I've owned.
    Good stuff!

I'm John.

Default Morgan

Id describe it as "being in the music".

So many amps Ive tried sap the life out of it with this I can feel the music, its got punch....

Just been listening to Japan Quiet Life the new Red Vinyl release.....ahhhhhh

Just need to see if Mark Grant will make me some very short interconnects from Pre to Power.....
    Main System: Inspire Eclipse SE, RB1000, 2M Black, MF XLPSv3, MF XPSU, Morgan Audio Deva 500 Valve Pre Amp,Morgan Audio 500 Dual Mono Power Amp, Denon 3930 (CD Transport), MF XDACv3, MF X10v3, AE Linear 3 and REL Strata..

AV Sony 480 Bluray, Yamaha RXV3900, JVC HD1, Kef Q5 Q9C and Kef Surrounds (7.1) Paradigm PS1000 Sub

Second Morgan Audio Deva 300s Intergrated Amp HK970 CD (Limited Edition) Project Debut fitted with 2M Blue (Lipstick on a Pig) Acoustic Energy AE100 Speakers

Big Phew

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcat40s View Post
    Id describe it as "being in the music".

So many amps Ive tried sap the life out of it with this I can feel the music, its got punch....

Just been listening to Japan Quiet Life the new Red Vinyl release.....ahhhhhh

Just need to see if Mark Grant will make me some very short interconnects from Pre to Power.....
    Sounds great , I was just trying to make joke

I can see you're a happy bunny with this amp , very happy for you.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

I'm John.

Default Morgan Audio

Can I just add IMO its Robin and people like him who are so passionate about what they do who need our support, cracking service, cracking products and so on and so on...

Robin drove down in the ice and snow on Sat to install the new amp and mod my 300. You just dont get service like that... I made sure I gave him more money that he wanted...

Just had to say....

Big Phew

I'm Richard.

I've just taken delivery of a 300s yesterday but only had time to plug it in and make sure it worked. The few minutes I heard sounded great, I would be very interested to hear what effect the 500 power amp has. I am using Neat Mystique II and they are not that efficient so I am a bit concerned that the 300 will have enough power on it's own.
    I am going to have a proper listen tonight and see what it can do

I'm John.

Default Morgan

Another one of Robins Classics

The 300 is stunning but then again I only sit 4-4ft from my speakers and they are sensitive.

We tried the 500 and it was different again in my system, it was bringing the mid range.

I liked it a lot, got a good price off Robin so I put my order in.

Robin has modded my 300 to act as power amp (reversible) at the moment until the 500 Power arrives.

Morgan imo are an untapped treasure in hifi...if you like your music forward and full of life then buy whilst you can...

John

Big Phew

I'm John.

Default Pre

Forgot to add the Valve Pre Amp has added more gain...before the 300 on its own would be at 54 on the vol control, with the pre its 25 on the control.

JOhn

Big Phew

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast