+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morgan Audio

I'm Richard.

Has your power amp arrived yet John & if so what effect has it had? I have sent my amp back to Robin to have a phono stage added my other half likes listening to vinyl but we need to keep boxes to a minimum so an external one is no good

I'm John.

Default Power Amp

Robin turned up with my new power amp today

First he had to replace some fuses in the pre as due to me switching it off and on the 1amp fuse had popped so in went some 2amp fuses, Robin recomends leaving the pre switched on 24/7

The power amp was connected and powered on taking out the curcuit breaker for the extension......some current draw on this baby

Reset the breaker and off we went but something wasnt right, seems a resistor was faulty and Robin has taken it back to sort out

But in the meantime my 300 is now reverted to Intergrated so I can listen to some sweet music

Robin rang tonight to confirm a resistor problem and hes fixed it but running it before coming back

A heads up for Morgan fans, Robin has just finished another Deva 300....keep watching a certain auction site..

John
    Main System: Inspire Eclipse SE, RB1000, 2M Black, MF XLPSv3, MF XPSU, Morgan Audio Deva 500 Valve Pre Amp,Morgan Audio 500 Dual Mono Power Amp, Denon 3930 (CD Transport), MF XDACv3, MF X10v3, AE Linear 3 and REL Strata..

AV Sony 480 Bluray, Yamaha RXV3900, JVC HD1, Kef Q5 Q9C and Kef Surrounds (7.1) Paradigm PS1000 Sub

Second Morgan Audio Deva 300s Intergrated Amp HK970 CD (Limited Edition) Project Debut fitted with 2M Blue (Lipstick on a Pig) Acoustic Energy AE100 Speakers

Big Phew

I'm John.

Default Deva 500 Power Amp

Im now the proud owner of a Deva 500 Power amp.....

Now off to listen..will report back later...
    Main System: Inspire Eclipse SE, RB1000, 2M Black, MF XLPSv3, MF XPSU, Morgan Audio Deva 500 Valve Pre Amp,Morgan Audio 500 Dual Mono Power Amp, Denon 3930 (CD Transport), MF XDACv3, MF X10v3, AE Linear 3 and REL Strata..

AV Sony 480 Bluray, Yamaha RXV3900, JVC HD1, Kef Q5 Q9C and Kef Surrounds (7.1) Paradigm PS1000 Sub

Second Morgan Audio Deva 300s Intergrated Amp HK970 CD (Limited Edition) Project Debut fitted with 2M Blue (Lipstick on a Pig) Acoustic Energy AE100 Speakers

Big Phew

I'm John.

Default Morgan Audio

???? Am I missing something here

Big Phew

I'm gone.

I don't think it's you that's missing anything, John - but someone else seems to be a few cards short of a full deck!

I'm george.

yea,a sandwich short of a picnic

I'm Richard.

I've now got my 300 back complete with Phono Stage so it's time to add a few more thoughts. This probably won't be the best description you've ever read as I'm more a lurker than a poster and this is the first time I've actually felt I could input something that probably hasn't been said before or that 90% of the forum users wont allready know.
    This amp really brings out the details in the music, whilst it's certainly not pipe and slippers I definitely wouldn't call it harsh, it certainly improves as well once it's warmed up. I only had it for a very short time before sending it back to Robin to get the phono stage fitted. (I am now in receipt of extra brownie points as my other half is now able to play her black frisbees)
    It has replaced an old HK6550 which I really liked but the Morgan really brings out extra detail in the music and I can hear things that I couldn't with the HK. I play the drums (badly) and listening to The Black Keys Chulahoma you can almost tell what size the cymbals are as they are being played. Although the bass isn't quite as punchy as the HK there's no shortage of it and is detailed enough that you can actually pick out the tone of the kick drum.
    If I'm picky it could probably do with having a little more midrange but this may improve over time, if not I would have no hesitation in buying a 500 power amp if this improves it as per 'Fat Cat's' post above. Not because it really needs it or doesn't sound great as it is, but for the money any benefit reaped would be well worthwhile for the bargain prices of these amps.
    Lastly another thumbs up for Robin who is a thoroughly decent genuinely helpfull chap

I'm george.

Default thumbs up for Robin who is a thoroughly decent genuinely helpfull chap

totally agree,
    I got my amp from Robin at Xmas complete with phono stage and agree that it sounds much better after about half an hour...although I have to say that Robin recommended I leave it always on,but due to safety reasons,I switch off at night.What I normally do now is switch it on and leave it playing on low volume pretty much all day,so when I want to really listen,its all well warmed up,but its also being played in and getting better...funny you should mention HK as I have a HK 930 twin power wired up as well via one of the Stan beresford audio routers,so I can switch amps and speakers at the touch of a button as I prefer the HK for certain music,so I have the best of both worlds.Fact is,I do like a better bass specially at low volume,so although I run the HK at flat settings,I like to use the contour switch on it at low volume...Im one of those "let your ears decide" types,so if I like what I hear,that suits me fine...Id still be interested to know if adding the power amp will increase the bass as Ive been thinking about for a while now...I have an Inca Tech power amp,so maybe Ill try that with it.

I'm Richard.

I'd be interested to see what using the inca as a power sounds like as well George

I'm Martyn.

There is a Deva 30 amplifier on eBay.
    This is the first time I had come across the make, and an Internet search directed me here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast