+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Speakers

I'm Mark.

I tried the DM2's with a Perreaux 200i recently that I was repairing. It was only a tiny bit tighter. It did go lower, though. Perhaps a little too low for my room.
    But swapping a couple of valves on the Kel80's seemed to sort the bass out on them. Got the balance just about right now.
    I thought the DM2's are supposed to be sensitive, but the more power you stick up 'em the more the woofer seems to like it.

I think the Delta and the Stereo are the same with different buttons. I remember it sounding not too bad the last time I used it. Better go and give it a clean up and stick it's knob on if it's going to Scalford.
    Mark

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

There were a few years apart between my experiences of the delta and Stereo 70's. The Stereo 70 was in a slightly larger case I remember and the one I used sounded very close to a NAD 3020. The Delta 70 I had previously was a dog's dinner in comparison and I didn't care for it at all. All a long time ago now and both would need substantial fettling to get them to par..

make sure you use the phono 2 input (the less sensitive one), as the overload margin is tiny on the more sensitive input - around 35mV I remember..
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

synsei Guest

When I originally considered buying a pair of DM2's I was a little concerned that the Hafler's power output might overwhelm them considering they are rated at only 60 watts, but I needn't have worried. They can easily handle whatever the Hafler throws at them

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I'm Mark.

I listen them at a reasonably loudish level now and then and they take it quite well. Only thing I'm worried about is trashing a Coles if I accidentally 'slip' with the volume control.

I have killed one. No idea how, though. All it needs is a nasty transient from somewhere to bugger one of the very fine wires in the coil. All the ones I've seen go o/c just as the wires exit the little tunnel from the connectors to the coil.
    I believe Falcon still sell them for £40 a go.
    Mark

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    r than i need.

Not everyones taste lookwise but i love 70's early 80s looking gear.

I likes their look too.

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by Spur07 View Post
    Here's my EMI 319's, 1960's vintage, in open baffle configuration.

love the speaker - and the line drawing on the lp cover - Scarfe - Steadman (although 'gentle' if either I guess)?

I'm Marc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Some classics for ya. In some parts of the world, these are a legend in their lunch-hour.
    oh, man, those look great ...

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    There were a few years apart between my experiences of the delta and Stereo 70's. The Stereo 70 was in a slightly larger case I remember and the one I used sounded very close to a NAD 3020. The Delta 70 I had previously was a dog's dinner in comparison and I didn't care for it at all. All a long time ago now and both would need substantial fettling to get them to par..
    I like the 'Stereo 30 Plus' best, i prefer the sound to the 'Stereo 70'

I'm Marc.

hankered after a pair of these for a while - on looks alone with the grills off!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tchlink:top:en

these particular ones are too pricey for me, however.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both versions of these were CR@P of the first order. They did NOT play music in any recognisable form and sounded rather unpleasant I remember. They didn't last long.....
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast