+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: THE BEATLES - PLEASE PLEASE ME - ORIGINAL LP - 6th PRESSING - SMALL MONO -

I'm Josie.

Default FS: THE BEATLES - PLEASE PLEASE ME - ORIGINAL LP - 6th PRESSING - SMALL MONO -

Hello.

Here I have a very nice copy of the Beatles Please Please Me LP for sale.

Original LP from late 1965 to early 1966 just before the Matrix changed to -2N - Small Mono type which is hard to find.

Sixth Pressing with:

Cover:
    G&L cover (patents pending)
    Small Mono type
    PMC 1202

Condition is VG+. It would be EX if it wasn't for a small tear on the opening part of the sleeve (see pics). The spine is superb and totally readable. The back is great too with only natural wear.

Vinyl:
    'Sold in UK' statement
    'See Price Lists' statement
    Rim text starts with 'THE GRAMOPHONE CO.LTD'
    First line on track listing ends with 'Northern Songs' (Side 1)
    Text is in block lettering and not Serif-ed
    Matrix numbers are -1N / -1N
    Stampers are 'R0 0' on side 1 and 'R PH' on side 2
    No KT tax code on either side 1 or side 2 of what I can see.

The sheen on the record is really very nice indeed so the condition of vinyl is somewhere between VG+ and EX-. I say this because even though it looks flawless there are some very faint surface hairlines here and there on the playing areas. Also there are some light marks in the dead wax surrounding the label in the dead wax to which I can only put down to a pressing fault as I can't think what could have made them.

The sound quality is superb with the obvious clicks here and there which is naturally understandable.

£55 inc. postage (Paypal gift please)

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Josie.

SOLD
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

+ Reply to Thread