+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Technics 1210 mk2 pitch fader fix (and instructions on its removal)

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Blaz,

Thanks for that - most interesting.

I think I'll wait to find out the answer to the above before doing the mod on my MK5G...

Any thoughts, Martin?

Marco.
    So far having done it on my MK5g all I can see is that the green LED is off cant perceive anything else going on so lets just hope i'm not slowly messing anything up Hopefully someone who understands schematics will be able to tell us more and exactly what should (or shouldn't) be done with regards to this mod for the MK5g !!

Location: Podgorje, Gorenjska, Kamnik, Slovenia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Local group of Galaxies...

I'm Blaz.

It's all here, schematics are inside Service manual.

VinylEngine SL 1200 manuals

You might have to be registered to download, though.
    Digital source: Squeezebox Touch
    Analogue Source: Technics SL-1210, AT-95E cartridge
    Amplifier: XTZ A100 D3
    Speakers: XTZ 99.36 MkII

Pezzer Ritter Wenne Knecht!

I'm arecurringnightmare.

Sorry Andy no i don't, i just bought the m5g version.
    Charles

Acer Laptop/Foobar/WASAPI/S/PDIF/DacMagic/Mini T/Mission 754

MartinT Guest

I've just snuck a look in to see the diagrams. I'll peruse them tomorrow morning, chaps.

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Artifolk View Post
    Sorry Andy no i don't, i just bought the m5g version.
    No worries!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwaze View Post
    Is there an electrician in the house? I wouldn't be too confident in bypassing the pitch control in other versions than MkII, there are differences...
    Thanks for that correction! Crap... I'll have to look closely at that schema when I get home before trying it out.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

MartinT Guest

Guys - I'm going to have to study this one at home. IC501 (pitch control) is a completely different IC in the M5G and I need better diagrams to trace through the pitch disable circuit. It's not immediately obvious which of S201 and S202 perform which function, but it looks like their connector (CN103) is different so don't go trying to perform the link mod for now.

I'm Robert.

Yep, Probably not wise to try on the MK5g as pointed out by Baz and Martin until we know exactly what the differences are in schematic. I've just reversed this mod on my MK5g to be on the safe side. Thinking about it my Techy sounded slightly muted or slightly restrained would probably be more accurate when I did it but i couldn't work out if this was because I revisited arm and cartridge set up with protractor at the same time and hadn't quite found the sweetspot yet through final vta adjust. We'll see how she sounds when I plug her back in
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 17-02-2012 at 10:38.

MartinT Guest

Ok, what's confusing about the M5G is the pitch control being on a separate circuit board with a different IC (C2BAED000009) instead of the AN6682 on the main PCB of the Mk.II. It even has a second crystal and its own regulator!

What I can confirm from the circuit (but not a visual of the M5G main PCB) is that the pitch reset still shorts pin 7 of connector CN102 to ground. In other words, a shorting link between pins 6 and 7 of CN102 will still work. Whether that connector appears in the same position as the Mk.II is another matter. Someone with an M5G will have to verify that.

It does not look as if you can simply disconnect CN105 or CN104 as the pitch clock signal is required to go back into the main board. So disabling the reset and pitch range LEDs will require desoldering them. Again, I'd be happy to have someone confirm that.

So: M5G owners, do try the link by removing CN102 but don't disconnect any other connectors in an attempt to disable the LEDs.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Ok, what's confusing about the M5G is the pitch control being on a separate circuit board with a different IC (C2BAED000009) instead of the AN6682 on the main PCB of the Mk.II. It even has a second crystal and its own regulator!

What I can confirm from the circuit (but not a visual of the M5G main PCB) is that the pitch reset still shorts pin 7 of connector CN102 to ground. In other words, a shorting link between pins 6 and 7 of CN102 will still work. Whether that connector appears in the same position as the Mk.II is another matter. Someone with an M5G will have to verify that.It does not look as if you can simply disconnect CN105 or CN104 as the pitch clock signal is required to go back into the main board. So disabling the reset and pitch range LEDs will require desoldering them. Again, I'd be happy to have someone confirm that.

So: M5G owners, do try the link by removing CN102 but don't disconnect any other connectors in an attempt to disable the LEDs.
    Looking at your picture Martin, I can confirm that the connector on my MK5g appears to be in the same place on the right hand side of the pcb with the numbers 5,6,7,13 appearing the same.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast