+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

I'm Mick.

Default Help

Ok awaiting my new Mike Bearing to arrive and snipped all the solder points down. As I clipped the last one the whole solder piece fell off with very little effort. I am now left with an erratic turntable that cannot control its speed. Any ideas is it dead in the water or can it be fixed.

Any ideas greatly taken onboard [IMG][/IMG]
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

I'm Kevin.

I would try to solder the joint back in place.
    Kevin

Too busy enjoying the music....

European loan coordinator for Graham Slee HiFi system components..

I'm Geoff.

First, I'd try scraping back some of the green lacquer next to the joint to expose a bit of the track conductor, then apply conductive paint. That should remake the circuit.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mick.

Is it just a pin inside and what does it attach to

I'm Robert.

Just seen your post Mick, what a flamin' bummer
    This upgrade game is most certainly joy and pain.
    Personally I wouldnt scrape away anything just to avoid any potentially for making it worse.
    I'd get someone who knows this stuf to take a look and then look to drop a bit of silver solder in the exact same spot.
    I doubt very much that this means your Techie is completely kaput and that it cant be sorted

I'm Mick.

Panic over thought a new board was coming my way. Thanks chap for always the helpful tips. Had no circuit paint but scraped a little laquer back and stuck a piece of fine silver wire in the hole and soldered back to the board. As good as new. Thank god. Cheers everyone.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Panic over thought a new board was coming my way. Thanks chap for always the helpful tips. Had no circuit paint but scraped a little laquer back and stuck a piece of fine silver wire in the hole and soldered back to the board. As good as new. Thank god. Cheers everyone.
    Yep ! Thank God everytime ! Excellent !!

I'm Mick.

Not a religious man but someone loves me somewhere ha ha anyway big respect to the gas soldering iron and silver solder. I don't know why I didn't just try fixing before I posted. I think it was the panic when the solder tag fell out and my emotional side came out Rob

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubster68 View Post
    Not a religious man but someone loves me somewhere ha ha anyway big respect to the gas soldering iron and silver solder. I don't know why I didn't just try fixing before I posted. I think it was the panic when the solder tag fell out and my emotional side came out Rob
    Been there Mick as I've done literally all my upgrades myself - When you think you've really fecked it, standing there all aghast, filled with dread, speechless, groaning, heart palpitating like a machine, gut wrenching, ill feeling, beads of sweat moments - not good !

I'm Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Been there Mick as I've done literally all my upgrades myself - When you think you've really fecked it, standing there all aghast, filled with dread, speechless, groaning, heart palpitating like a machine, gut wrenching, ill feeling, beads of sweat moments - not good !

Everytime Rob
    At least you can say you f**ked it up all on your own

Just hope I dont short the board out on the new bearing
    Technics SL1210 MK2 fully rebuilt and repainted. Ortofon 2M Black Cart, Isonoe isolation feet , MN bearing and Funk Firm platter upgrade, Oyaide RCA Tone Arm and speaker cables, Jelco SA-750D Tonearm. Oyaide HS-TF Carbon headshell, MCRU Linear External PSU, High Fidelity Crystal glass turntable matt, Blue LED upgrade, Denon AVR-2808CI Amp, Bowers and Wilkins DM602S3 Speakers,
    Black Rhodium Jazz power cables for amp and turntable, Firebottle mk2 Phono Stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast