+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Band - Pink Floyd Tribute

I'm Graeme.

I've seen them and they're rubbish! ha ha only Joking, for someone like me who really isn't a PF fan I really enjoyed the gig, and not simply due to the fact two really close friends started it, but from a musical aspect and how they have progressed. They had a cracking sound engineer also, and an insane lighting tech guy.

Perhaps friends of people in bands see things differently, but they certainly do not hear things differently.
    I can whistle with my fingers, especially if I have a whistle.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Who were you friendly with Graeme, I got to know the band too I stopped seeing either of the breakaways after they split, but I did see Damien's lot and was very disappointed. The gravy days have gone for me.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Who were you friendly with Graeme, I got to know the band too I stopped seeing either of the breakaways after they split, but I did see Damien's lot and was very disappointed. The gravy days have gone for me.
    Crossed wires I think Tim, Graeme's a mate of mine...

For what its worth I saw the Brit Floyd last year at the Sage, thoroughly enjoyed their show, flawless as it was, but like a lot of the Tributes it was a bit dry and sometimes the delivery lacks a bit passion. We aim to do the floyd stuff in a more organic way and often jam/improvise on their songs and work our own arrangements.

Keeps it interesting for band and audience alike, we want our audience to have fun rather than sit and ponder which is the vibe i get with some of the others... we do it for the joy and not the money
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rich.

Quick Plug - Playing here on Sat nt http://www.nenthead.com/index.php/ho...alendar/view/5

any punters in the Cumbria area be good to see you...

I'm Rich.

a quick plug for anyone in the Teesside area, we're playing The Camerons Club in Hartlepool on the 20th April...

http://www.ents24.com/web/venue/Hart...lub-44332.html

I'm Andy.

Do you come done south Rich?
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Rich.

Not yet but we'd love to if the right gig were available, we're looking to get out and about a bit over the summer so who knows... we've offered our services for the AoS show if it comes off.

I'm Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman91 View Post
    I'm going to see the aussie pink floyd tonight cant wait.
    Saw them in 1995 at the Esplanade pub in Southend and they were impressive then, but they're huge now.

Good luck with your band, Rich.

I'm Rich.

Just a quick vid of us doing one of the more modern ones....

I'm Rich.

Playing the Three Tuns in Gateshead tonight. Our first outing with a new stable line up... should be a blast.

also coming to The Office in South Shields on the 25th August...

London dates pending for Sept!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast