+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex's system

I'm Alexey.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Nice But time for some proper speaker stands me thinks
    Yep. I just got my speakers yesterday so now I'm looking for proper stands. As main option I'm considering Atacama SL series.
    Alex

My system:
    Source: Technics SL 1200 mk2, Jelco 750D tonearm, MN Bearing, Isonoe's, benz-micro ace sl MC cart, JELCO JAC-502 Tonearm Cable, 5mm Achromat; MacMini, Cary Xciter DAC, M2Tech HiFace Evo, M2Tech Clock.
    Amplification: Quad QC 24 pre; Quad QC 24P phono; Plinius SA-103 amp.
    Loudspeakers: Harbeth Super HL5.

I'm Alexey.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Lovely system. I bet the Harbie's sound great with the Quad gear. I auditioned a pair and just couldn't get on with them. You now need to get an external PSU for your 1210 and get rid of all thoses components from inside your techie, they will be having a seriously negative effect on your deck.
    Hi Andrew! They are perfect! I've installed them yesterday but didn't had enough time for listening. But today... From 9AM till now. Non-stop. From Jazz to Guns'n Roses. Grate speakers!
    As for my Techie, you're right. External PSU is my next (last?) upgrade. Need to choose from several that are available: PH and Main Cables. Paul's are quite expensive... Will see.
    Alex

My system:
    Source: Technics SL 1200 mk2, Jelco 750D tonearm, MN Bearing, Isonoe's, benz-micro ace sl MC cart, JELCO JAC-502 Tonearm Cable, 5mm Achromat; MacMini, Cary Xciter DAC, M2Tech HiFace Evo, M2Tech Clock.

I'm Alexey.

Hi guys.
    Need your advice. I'm on the way to upgrade my pre-amp. So the question is - are there any available tweaks of the QUAD QC24 or shall I look to another pre-amp? If another one, can you please advice me the model.
    Alex

My system:

I'm Dave.

Croft - as much as you can afford.

I'm Alexey.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Croft - as much as you can afford.
    This one looks nice: Croft Micro 25 version "R" Pre-amplifier
    The price is quite high, hope I can find some good deal. How it will work with the Quad II-forty amps?
    Any oter options?
    Alex

My system:

I'm Dave.

It will work absolutely perfectly. As for options, I can't think of anything, anywhere near the price which is it's equal.

synsei Guest

Sorry Alexey but I am a bit late to your thread, that is a wonderful system matey. The Harbeth's were a very good call...

I'm Alexey.

Thanks Dave! Second week that I'm own them. They are simply fantastic...
    Alex

My system:

I'm Andrew.

Alex,

An all Quad system synergistically is VERY hard to beat, I have a full Quad 77 pre-amp and x2 power amp setup and when played through my then Quad 22L speakers sounded bloody lovely, are you sure you wanna bust up your all Quad system Croft stuff is also very nice and may actually work very well with your Quad gear, I'd really recommend an audition before making any rushed decision. Now regarding your 1210, defo get the PSU sorted before worrying about a platter. I'm selling my TimeStep HE PSU which is very good, there are better out there but would cost more.

Andy
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Alexey.

Hi Andrew,
    The thing is that my CDs sound less lively then my vinyl. I would even say that they're dead... That's not only my observation. It could be due to Quad CDS performance is far behind my vinyl equipment... So I will have a look on both parties - the preamp and the CD itself.
    As for the TimeStep HE PSU thanks for your offer, but I am not considering TimeStep equipment for me due to I had bad connection with the owner I think or maybe with some of his managers... Black listed. Any of their equipment.
    Alex

My system:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast