+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turntable

I'm David.

I've a Garrard 86SB mk11 available. In remarkably good condition.
    Rescued from a loft where it had been stored for many years.
    £37 collected. This would leave you a bit of cash to upgrade the original cartridge.
    Dave

I'm ILOB.

You could get a decent lenco for 150 and upgrade it when funds became available be far better than the Rega if you put it in a decent plinth and get it working correctly
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Tim.

Can you make or buy a simple shelf and screw it to the wall just above the rack? Put it up whole the Mrs. is out

-- Tim

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by ninedecks View Post
    I've a Garrard 86SB mk11 available. In remarkably good condition.
    Rescued from a loft where it had been stored for many years.
    £37 collected. This would leave you a bit of cash to upgrade the original cartridge.
    Dave
    Having just performed extensive mechanical surgery on a mechanically similar (apart from the drive) AP76, if anyone gets one of these underated decks, PLEASE don't force the speed change mechanism and even use the deck until the pivoting linkages have been freed off (not with WD40 either) and the trip pawl on the auto-cam has been properly cleaned and re-fitted. Get these things sorted mechanically and re-wired from deck to amp and the "AP,SL and Zero" Garrards (including the 86 models) actually sound pretty decent with something like an AT120E (440MLa?) and similar "kind" MM types tracking at around 1.5g fitted. Surpsingly good in fact, covering their tracks very well - sweet toned and airy in presentation. They do need some work on them usually, but having stripped out my first AP76 forty years ago this summer (YIKES!!!!!), I was keen to try one again...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123