+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 2 channel Cinema Kit

I'm Mike.

Default My 2 channel Cinema Kit

Someday I hope to have a real multichannel system, but I did assemble a pretty good 2 channel movie rig. I had this system upstairs in a small room but the Altecs needed room to breath so I moved it downstairs into our larger all-in-one living/dining room space.

Current system:
    Sony Bravia 46" 1080P 120 hz lcd tv
    McIntosh C37 preamp w/ parametric eq
    McIntosh MR77 fm tuner
    Denon DVD1930ci universal dvd player
    Audio Electronics Super Amp MkII tube power amp
    Altec Lansing Model 15 loudspeaker
    Various cabling from MIT, Kimber, Audioquest, Dynamic Design

Future changes: BluRay player and McIntosh SS power amp

I'm Dave.

You have a great system. Why would you want to change it...? (mcintosh looks the mutts)

I had a multi channel system once (until I was burgled) Now I use a 2 channel system and to be honest I prefer it...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Mike.

I'm really enjoying it as is, but a few changes would make it more useable. Replacing the tube amp with a solid state amp would make it more convenient to use for tv, movies, and music because I can leave it power up all day. I'd would want to get a Mac amp to match the other 2 pieces. Replacing the dvd player with an Oppo BD player would be a plus for movies as well as music playback too because of its nice internal DACs.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Lovely looking room and system - agree the Mac kit is lovely, and the Altecs...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread