+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Sansui TU-7900

I'm q.

Default FS: Sansui TU-7900

Up for grabs a very nice example of this classic Sansui tuner. It is in lovely condition and working very well. Inside is very tidy indeed - no bulging caps or scorched resistors. Only a slight mis-alignment in the discriminator detracts but as this does not affect the sound I didn't bother to get it adjusted. I bought it from a wammer earlier this year and I haven't used it any where near as much I thought I would so it is up for sale. I am looking for £160, postage at cost or collection from Surrey/meet up. Happy to demo. Cheers.

PS Happy to send additional pics on request
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Phil.

I'd like this please - and I'm in Oxted, Surrey. Cheers Phil

I'm q.

Back up for sale bump

I'm Phil.

I've had to pull out, so apologies again Richard.

folks - I once tested the 7900's older brother, the 9900, against a Naim NAT101 and a NAT01, two of the finest FM tuners you are likely to hear.

The Sansui clearly bested the NAT101 (which was a shame, as it was my 101 it bested...) and was equal to the 01, which surprised me, but not half as much as it surprised the owner of the 01. Luckily, the owner of the 01 and the 9900 were one in the same, so he moved on the 01 and kept the Sansui.

The thing about Sansui's 900 series tuners is they have rock-solid station locking, low (ie no) noise, and a deep, rich timbre coupled with excellent detail and transients.

A very, very fine tuner indeed.

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000RPM View Post
    The thing about Sansui's 900 series tuners is they have rock-solid station locking, low (ie no) noise, and a deep, rich timbre coupled with excellent detail and transients..........
    ............and they don't need an aerial the size of Jodrell Bank to capture & hold onto a decent signal like yon Naim tuners!

I'm q.

Any takers?

+ Reply to Thread