+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: oppo 95

I'm john.

Default oppo 95

Oppo 95 is their any body getting one besides mark and myself?..or has any one got one now?

jon

I'm Guy.

What is the Oppo 95 like for CD and SACD (stereo & multi-channel) playback?

Location: Swaledale, North Yorkshire + The Valley of Longevity

I'm Toooldnowtogrowup.

I have the 95 ... I never played SACD yet .. but I am even using it now to act as a music server .. it sees everything off my NAS and you can control content off it using the TV with the Oppo remote. CD replay is more than acceptable .. and it plays just about everything .. see this thread as well.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...highlight=oppo

Brian
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smile, breathe and go slowly ..........................

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by guyb View Post
    What is the Oppo 95 like for CD and SACD (stereo & multi-channel) playback?

Guy I will let you know when i get it

jon

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1 View Post
    Guy I will let you know when i get it

jon
    Likewise, but I think some rewiring is going to be in order I'm going to use the balanced stereo outputs for CD & SACD in stereo & the single ended outputs for multichannel.

Luckily I can have them all on the same input (multi 3 on my ARC MP1) & simply swap over from the balanced to unbalanced inputs using the remote I just means I turn less power amps on when listening to SACD in stereo..

Handy system as all the stereo inputs (& one multichannel) can select balanced or single ended, which effectively means I have double the number of inputs

I'd have thought we'd both receive them on the same day John
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm john.

MG.... have you got some pics of the internals of the oppo 95?

jon

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    Likewise, but I think some rewiring is going to be in order I'm going to use the balanced stereo outputs for CD & SACD in stereo & the single ended outputs for multichannel.

Luckily I can have them all on the same input (multi 3 on my ARC MP1) & simply swap over from the balanced to unbalanced inputs using the remote I just means I turn less power amps on when listening to SACD in stereo..

Handy system as all the stereo inputs (& one multichannel) can select balanced or single ended, which effectively means I have double the number of inputs

I'd have thought we'd both receive them on the same day John

I will be using the same as you mark the two stereo out puts in the mutichannel setup

jon

I'm john.

Mark did MG get back to you about decoding in the oppo 95?...Not seen it on the thread

jon

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1 View Post
    Mark did MG get back to you about decoding in the oppo 95?...Not seen it on the thread

jon
    I'm surprised that Mark hasn't posted it up in all honesty, but yes the 95 decodes DTS-MA & Dolby True HD fully Not just the lossy bit of the codecs. Apparently Mark checked with the technical people at the factory to establish this Also a good deal of so called AV amps also don't decode the whole lot, only the lossy core of the codec Brilliant, it's a minefield out there

I could post up the PM (quoted) I received but it just isn't the done thing to do. So you won't be seeing that
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I'm surprised that Mark hasn't posted it up in all honesty, but yes the 95 decodes DTS-MA & Dolby True HD fully Not just the lossy bit of the codecs. Apparently Mark checked with the technical people at the factory to establish this Also a good deal of so called AV amps also don't decode the whole lot, only the lossy core of the codec Brilliant, it's a minefield out there

I could post up the PM (quoted) I received but it just isn't the done thing to do. So you won't be seeing that

I hope not maybe MG will post about the decoding?

jon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast