+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Just what has a Step Up Transformer added to your system?

MartinT Guest

Well, I took a punt with the Choir but that was only £1500 or so. Don't regret it at all!

I'm Andrew.

GUYS!

Up until tonight i have this in my system at the moment

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/Audio-T...r/product_5193

And it's very good, I have no idea if its worth a grand however as I haven't checked anything else out.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Shame that we're such a distance apart. If you could between you borrow the Ortofon and Homage we could have a three-way SUT bake-off, with cartridges too.
    I agree with you here mate, it would have been nice to meet you both and badger you (Martin), about the internal regs!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed... Problem anyway is that the Homage T1 is £2400, and the dealer (understandably) won't get one in without a confirmed sale. So if want one, I'll have to take a blind punt on it!

Marco.
    I have a very very good supplier where I could probably organise an audition of this. But, as I've stated in early posts I want to wait until my SR7XL is fully burned in so I can discern the differences it makes. I'll then probably start with the Ortofon SUT, I love ortofon cartridges but i've stuck with the Audiotechnica cartridge simply because I've been too idle to get a new cart. One thing is bugging me. What makes the Hashimoto SUT's so special ?? Looking forward to your answers.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Up until tonight i have this in my system at the moment
    Nice move, never heard that SUT but it looks like it could be the biz with AT cartridges. Wonder how my AT33PTG would like it?

What makes the Hashimoto SUT's so special
    Hand wound by an old Japanese guy? They sound bloody superb? Hard to say what they would do for you, Andrew.

I'm Andrew.

i've had the AT SUT in my system for 4 weeks and I have now just removed it out so I can pack it up and return tomorrow. OMG my system sounds $hite I had no idea what a SUT could do to a system, its been a real eye opener I think I need to have a look at the choir audio option as well.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Nigel.

Hi Guys,

I use these, http://www.sacthailand.com/Transformer_MC.html, these sut are very good and not a bad price, Lurcher Nick built these into a box for me recently, very pleased with the sound, may be worth a listen.

Nigel

I'm Andrew.

Hmmm, I'm liking the looks of Choir Audio. Thanks for the alternative suggestion. I would like a little flexibility and this option from Thailand seems more cartridge specific. I've spoken to my local hifi dealer after returning the AT SUT and I'm pleased to say that I will be trialing a Cadenza black MC and Ortofon SUT, probably in Feb. I'll keep you all updated.
    SS

VALVE
    PRE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456