+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: A few Changes

I'm Ben.

Picked the L40s up from Manny (Vinyl) yesterday and had a few hours with them yesterday. Very different presentation from the snells I've been using of late, but like anything il give it a few weeks to get used to them.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Geoff.

Those are one of JBL's best compact speakers. I've heard them many times and found them very good. Should be a decent match to the Jungson.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Those are one of JBL's best compact speakers. I've heard them many times and found them very good. Should be a decent match to the Jungson.
    Thanks Geoff I'm slowly getting accustomed to them, they are growing on me in terms of looks and what they sound like.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm gone.

I think the L40 are the little brother to the JBL L110 I used to own.
    Those were superb speakers, neutral and dynamic, and showed the door to many a far more costly 'high end' contender.

I'd expect the 40 to be (a lot) more accurate than the Snells, but those Snell colourations can be very addictive!

I'm Ben.

Not an update on my system as such but our living room has undergone a bit of a makeover during the last few weeks. Where previously we had magnolia on textured wallpaper, tired ceiling coving and yellowing skirtings (courtesy of the old couple who owned the place before us) we now have stark white walls and colour feature panels which is way more our taste.

As part of this the TV now finds itself on the new fireplace wall with all cabling routed inside (where they exit at the skirting line they will soon disappear into white trunking leading to my kit stand).

So my speakers now fire across the room rather than down the longer length but in reality it feels much better and the room has really opened up. Tbh the wife initially suggested the new arrangement ages ago but i kept fighting the idea of it. However much as it pains me to admit it its far better now.

Got a few finishing touches to complete (fireplace to tile, gas fire to go back in, blind to fix and pictures to hang etc) but overall the room feels so much bigger now and by the looks of things my listening seat is pretty much perfect

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zoidburg; 31-08-2017 at 20:06.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidburg View Post
    Not an update on my system as such but our living room has undergone a bit of a makeover during the last few weeks. Where previously we had magnolia on textured wallpaper, tired ceiling coving and yellowing skirtings (courtesy of the old couple who owned the place before us) we now have stark white walls and colour feature panels which is way more our taste.

As part of this the TV now finds itself on the new fireplace wall with all cabling routed inside (where they exit at the skirting line they will soon disappear into white trunking leading to my kit stand).

So my speakers now fire across the room rather than down the longer length but in reality it feels much better and the room has really opened up. Tbh the wife initially suggested the new arrangement ages ago but i keep fighting the idea of it. However much as it pains me to admit it its far better now.

Got a few finishing touches to complete (fireplace to tile, gas fire to go back in, blind to fix and pictures to hang etc) but overall the room feels so much bigger now and by the looks of things my listening seat is pretty much perfect

Cant believe we lasted so long with the old layout !

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Geoff.

That looks really nice Ben.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    That looks really nice Ben.
    Cheers dude, I'm so slow at finishing stuff but its just the little stuff now so won't be long.

I bought some new speaker stands for the jbls which seem to have worked out well. They are about 550mm high which initially I thought were too high but sitting in front of them now they look good, and more by luck than planning the bottom of the TV lines through with the top of the speakers so looks "right" to my eyes anyway.

Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Geoff.

I like the stands. My lounge stands are 30cm which suits the Yams but they're probably a little low for the JBL which have the tweeter and midrange side by side.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Grant.

Looks good Ben..Always wanted to fire my speakers longways from the window as you had. Alas you would need a mile of cable, Sure when fire or whatever is in it will be smashing

not sure I didnt like the old stands better tho.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast