+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A few Changes

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Nice to see a SRM in such a nice system Ben; a very underrated TT...
    Cheers Grant, I dont plan on changing it any time soon but think a better arm would take up a notch or 2.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Grant.

Mine is difficult to change as it is drilled for a rega 250/300. Don't fancy trying to drill another hole in the thing but yes I would have liked to change mine too.
    Do you have a special mat or are u using the one that came with it. Was thinking of a change
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ben.

Iv used it with the matt it came with and without it but didnt notice any difference between on and off. Aside from cartridge changes the high current power supply made the biggest difference I think.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Grant.

Thanks....mine is one of the very first 10 made of the Arezzo's, so thought that they may have made several upgrades....the psu upgrade was quite expensive but I might save up and do that; I was not sure if it would make all that much difference but obviously it does.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Andrew.

Beautiful kit, great username and Svet's. All in all a bloody good post man.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by agk View Post
    Beautiful kit, great username and Svet's. All in all a bloody good post man.
    Cheers Andrew
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Mine is difficult to change as it is drilled for a rega 250/300. Don't fancy trying to drill another hole in the thing but yes I would have liked to change mine too.
    Do you have a special mat or are u using the one that came with it. Was thinking of a change
    iv always assumed something like an audiomods arm would be a drop in replacement but il hold my hands up and say thats just an assumption.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Thought I would post up a few photos of my new arm as I am am amazingly pleased with it

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

For those not familiar with The Wand its made by Kiwi outfit Design Build Listen with its main feature being its big diameter carbon armtube and unipivot design. I believe its been around for a few years now and has picked up very positive reviews in the hi-fi press.

I'm still "evaluating" it But I think its safe to say that from the first disk it played it was obviously quite a bit better than my old arm

Sorry the pictures are not great but I only have a phone cam unfortunately.
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Grant.

Hope its bedding in well now and still love that chunky wand.

PS, I found out the price of the psu and decided to not go there.lol
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ben.

[IMG][/IMG]

I thought I would post a quick system update photo as its been ages since I posted anything in the gallery.

Changes since last time are as follows

Arcam rdac has been pulled out and replaced by an m2tech Young dac and dedicated power supply.
    My cheapie phono stage has been temporarily replaced by Alan's excellent Firebottle stage.

Both of these items have made a massive improvement to the quality of sound and I am now really very content indeed (so content that iv asked Alan to build me one of his FB+ stages as a "keeper"). So now apart from wanting to possibly source a few more mark grant cables I doubt I will be changing any of my hifi for a while.

I have also started using a trail of the "Tidal hifi" streaming service which seems to me to sound really good.

I realise everything is a bit of a mess and tbh im running out of space for everything.............but next weekend im picking up a new hifi rack and a new TV unit so il be back shortly with a few more pix when everything should look a lot more ship shape!
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast