+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hi-Fi Plus issue 62

I'm ILOB.

I too would love second deck The DD would be great but alas space and costs limit this from happening But if I did I would probarly put the Jelco arm on it as agree look wise a tangential arm would not really match this type of deck unless it was SP10 with a slate plinth or something like that. Nice to dream!!!!!
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Neil.

Default Air Bearing Arms

Hi Guys

Bit of topic. I ran a Eminent Technology 2 arm on an Oracle Delphi mk 4 for a number of years and the sound was incredible easily the best analogue I had up until recently(though I would love to be able to check it out again). I sold the arm in 1995 (last time I was out of work). Easily one of my biggest audio mistakes.

I built an Arm board out of brushed aluminum that stretched across from the arm board mounting point and over the right suspension tower's sub chassis bar. This gave the deck stability to cope with the arms shifting mass. I did have to remove the top
    cap on that tower( ruined the look of the deck). As I was using an attic listening room the pump etc stayed in the roof space. I do not remember any hassle in using it and a quick wipe with a lint free cloth sorted out the dust build up. Air bearing arms are great and worth the slight extra work. The Forsell deck Guy mentions was in its early form a load of junk. I had to re-build one for a customer of ours every so often as it would drift. The later versions were a lot better in terms of build quality. The mk1 I would not have had the gift of one.

regards D S D L ----- Neil
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 29-12-2008 at 09:36.

I'm Guy.

I never heard the deck he (Peter Forsell) made, just the arm. Hope all's well Neil.

I'm Neil.

Default Hi Guy

The forrsell arm was okay it was the overall package and its lack of good build (Motor unit etc) that ruined things. The one I worked on was more like a pre-production mock up than a finished one and it was production. Scary what people thought they could get away with, back in the early 90's.

I am about as well as you can expect for being out of work. Thanks for asking. Hopefully something will turn up.

Happy Christmas to you and your family Guy.

Regards D S D L ----- Neil
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 29-12-2008 at 09:36.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678