+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagination?

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I'm afraid I still think it will sound better if you change back.
    Tried it.....meant having to spend a whole quid on some more pads...sat listening to familiar trax last night.............sounded better using pads onto granite plinth!

I'm Deleted.

Try removing the granite.
    Account Deleted

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Try removing the granite.
    Are we looking at a theoretical improvement if I do, or the opposite?

And yes, I appreciate only I can tell what happens, but I am doing some lousy rotten paper hanging and taking a quick break, so rather that actually doing it, I'm asking.

I'm Craig.

I did remove the plinths, and in doing so, the sound seemed to develop a "harshness", actually, that isn't fair, a better way of describing what happened would be to say the upper mid/lower top were enhanced .

Unless it was my imagination.......hang on, isn't that where we started this whole thread?

I'm Mark.

you seem to spend a lot of time analizing sound, have you tried chilling out and just listening to the music?

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by worthingpagan View Post
    you seem to spend a lot of time analizing sound, have you tried chilling out and just listening to the music?
    Nah....music is for wimps!

Joking aside, how long do you think it took to slide out the granite plinths etc?
    A matter of seconds, play a very well known track....3 and a half minutes, evaluate, and put 'em back........4 mins max,not a lot of time really, in the great plan of things.

Anyway, if we never tried things like this, there would be no "Stroke of genius" section here!

PS, the man in your avatar, well at least the actor who portrayed him, was born less than 3 miles from where I live now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12