+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU - unlocking the latent potential of my Technics SL-1210

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Martin,

Marco - did we resolve why your SR-5 (and presumably your SR-7EHD) has a three-pin socket while my SR-5 has a four-pin? It made immediate PSU swapping impossible.
    When I ordered the Furutech XLR plug and socket, to replace what Paul had fitted to the SR5 as standard, as I like the Furutech stuff, I didn't consider the three or four pin thing, so the Furutech plugs Mark ordered (and fitted to my PSU) had 3-pin connections (something I didn't know myself until you found it!) which is why you encontered the problem on Saturday

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm arecurringnightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Grant View Post
    They are usually a special order item as the Furutech UK distributor does not have any in stock.

Marco had to wait a while for that one, it was easy to fit though

The other connector with threaded locking ring (not sure what its part number is) that Paul has fitted as standard does look high build quality so might be all you need.

This new PSU is a beast of a thing
    Thanks Mark,
    I spoke to David (told me the same) over the phone early last week, but have heard nothing since.

I can source one from Germany, but I'll wait a little longer for David.

One question for Paul

I noticed that you place the heatsink on the front panel, this is not going to be possible with the Armageddon case, will you be placing it inside?

Charles

I'm Paul.

Hello Charles,

As the average current drawn by the SL1200/LSL1210 is low, this power dissipated in the output stage and rectification stage will be correspondingly low. I may be able to use the case as the heatsink or add a smaller heatsink internally. Either way, rest assured it is not something for you to be concerned over.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul Hynes Design
    paulhynesdesign.com
    High Performance Power Supply upgrades
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16655

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hynes View Post
    I fitted a 4 pin XLR to your and Marco’s XL DC leads as you already had 4 pin XLRs on your SR5 power supplies. This was to allow Marco to assess the use of the Clearsilver XL wiring arrangement on his deck and was replicated for you.
    All clear now, thanks Paul.

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Artifolk View Post
    Thanks Mark,
    I spoke to David (told me the same) over the phone early last week, but have heard nothing since.

I can source one from Germany, but I'll wait a little longer for David.

One question for Paul

I noticed that you place the heatsink on the front panel, this is not going to be possible with the Armageddon case, will you be placing it inside?

Charles
    I sent you an e-mail to say it would be 2 weeks kind sir so I have ordered you one and some spares for my own power supply's as I also ran out! Will let you know once it's here.

I'm David.

Marco,
    Nice thread and am glad your new PSU is doing the business, superlatives abound but there has been no mention of the mains lead that I can see connected to the PSU and which must surely be contributing enormously to the exceptional performance you are getting from this new item?

If you have mentioned it please excuse me as it's been a long day!

P.S Don't you have a cleaner in your house to deny those dust mites a hearty meal?

What say you matey?

MartinT Guest

Would that be the cable that Marco brought round that I could hardly bend? The one that was a bugger to install behind my rack? The one that could do a good job as a suspension cable on the Forth Road Bridge?

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Would that be the cable that Marco brought round that I could hardly bend? The one that was a bugger to install behind my rack? The one that could do a good job as a suspension cable on the Forth Road Bridge?
    Probably Martin and I found that out for myself but will only say 2 things about it, once you get it in place it stays there and it sounds stupendous!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mains Cables R Us View Post
    Probably Martin and I found that out for myself but will only say 2 things about it, once you get it in place it stays there and it sounds stupendous!
    You're not kidding! It did sound good, though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast