+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of bits

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    That's the problem when evaluating different it doesn't necessarily mean better or worse
    Very true. Going to have a few days just listening to the radio.

I'm sorted.

Using original covers for a change, amp ‘stands’ made out of bamboo chopping boards and pine door knobs.

I'm sorted.

With the addition of the pure sound L10 I got off Jerry that’s me done for a little while.

I'm Grant.

Looking good Roy. Must have missed u getting the tannoys
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm sorted.

Thought I’d try some valves

I'm Martin.

Duncan's valve monos, I wondered who they went to. How are the big Tannoys working out then Roy? Looks like I might end up getting some so I'm interested to know.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Duncan's valve monos, I wondered who they went to. How are the big Tannoys working out then Roy? Looks like I might end up getting some so I'm interested to know.
    I really feel that they accurately produce what's coming from the source(s) with quite a natural sound. They don't produce as much bass as my DC10Ts but they could be a little overblown at times with certain materials. It's generally an unfatiguing, satisfying listen & they sound excellent with the valve amps, better than the big solid state quads? Could be..

I'm Martin.

Cheers Roy. The bass thing does concern me a bit, as I'd have to use them a long way out from the back wall.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

The Ardens DO bass but more engaged with the rest of the spectrum, I had them cranked up the other day playing some Hardcore Superstar (Swedish Street Metal if you please..) and there was plenty of bass but, then there was plenty of mid range & plenty of top end. It just sounded right. Sometimes with the DC10Ts it felt like brown noise..

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Thought I’d try some valves

Looking good there, Roy!
    My wife really liked those copper monos, and I don't think she has noticed yet that they are no longer among those present.

They provide adequate power for you?
    This is your first taste of valve amps, I think? You enjoying the presentation?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast