+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Couple of bits

I'm sorted.

Very pleased with the noise they're making anyway.

Got to try them with my Emotiva pre yet but strongly suspect they will better my Roksan CD player (& it may be that the Croft pre is better than the Emotiva..)

I'm Martin.

If you decide to move the Roksan on, give me a shout. Always liked their CD players, and their amps as well.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If you decide to move the Roksan on, give me a shout.
    Will do Martin

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Trying out a Cambridge CXC transport just with an old Bushmaster at the moment (another DAC on it's way). Initial impressions are very good.

I've been using a CXC for a while now and I'm very happy with it. I'm using it with a tweaked MF X-DAC and an upgraded MF X-10 V3 tube buffer. I find the CXC to be a very accurate and lively performer, great build quality too.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I've been using a CXC for a while now and I'm very happy with it. I'm using it with a tweaked MF X-DAC and an upgraded MF X-10 V3 tube buffer. I find the CXC to be a very accurate and lively performer, great build quality too.
    It was your comments & some favourable reviews that sparked my interest Ian & when one popped up on ebay at a reasonable price I thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks.

I'm sorted.

The Cambridge/M2tech combo was sounding a little sharp on some material through the Croft so now plumbed into the Emotiva and sounding far better behaved

I'm sorted.

Was getting a bit fed up comparing the Roksan with the m2tech/Cambridge combo (some things sound better on this, some things sound better on that..) so stuck this little duo on the front end and just listening to music for a change.

Bigman80 Guest

How's it sound?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    How's it sound?
    Worse / better / the same? I'm honestly beginning to wonder if I know anymore Oliver.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy S View Post
    Worse / better / the same? I'm honestly beginning to wonder if I know anymore Oliver.
    That's the problem when evaluating different it doesn't necessarily mean better or worse
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast