+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HH Scott 299c

I'm gary.

Default HH Scott 299c

Quick update and the HH Scott has been restored to its original state by Jez. He has done a fantastic job.
    New valves were installed and the phono stage was restored.
    New caps the large ones in the silver cans are still in tolerance.
    34w output not bad for a 1959 valve amp! But by god does it generate some heat.
    It’s situated in a media unit in our living room so may have to consider a Naim 50 instead.
    These Scott amps are so rare in 240v configuration not sure what to do!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Grant.

rig up a fan to cool it in that space if you cant move it
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Looks great, can see how the heat would be an issue in a cabinet though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Yes - looks like Jez has done a superb job.

One thing to bear in mind is that Scott used a soft aluminium for the fascia, so be careful of dents

They were indeed intended to be used in a 'radiogram' cabinet, which would be large and possibly open at the rear to allow adequate ventilation.
    I believe a wooden slip case was available for those who wanted to use the amplifier 'free standing'.
    Barry

I'm gary.

Thanks Barry, I think a nice wood case would look great.
    I have the paper pattern showing how to make a wood case and where the ventilation holes should be.
    More expense!

I'm gary.

Hi Grant, yes a fan had crossed my mind but was wondering if they are noisy.
    Great idea thanks

+ Reply to Thread