+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Foobar, Windows 7 & Wasapi

synsei Guest

Or rather than take your PC to bits, download a free copy of Belarc Advisor. It gives you a complete audit of the hardware and software in your PC. It does much more than that however, it also checks whether your system is secure, whether your hard drive is healthy or not, the state of your memory etc, etc. It outputs all this data as a webpage on your browser. It really is a very useful utility. Incidentally, this works with any version of Windows and is as safe as houses. I've used it for ages without any issues

p.s. Eeee, I feel reet at 'ome on this thread, t'is all soundin' so familiar like. I'll go put kettle on...
    Last edited by synsei; 17-11-2011 at 06:24.

I'm Bob.

Ah, modern technology.... From the earlier link for the PC it is a desktop, so take the side off it, have pen, paper, and torch to hand, then read the info off the mobo...
    I used to have Autocad 1, known as a pencil.....

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Chris (Technobear) - I owe you a beer - I never worked out the "configure" option on ASIO4ALL through Foobar to get it to work with my Caiman - thanks for that, I'm now all ASIO'd up - and it does seem to be an improvement.

Sorry - back to the thread...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I've just had the same issue crop up with another machine (my laptop this time).

Having had the problem before I knew what had to be done to hear the music (the music is a free track from Linn Records - a different one each day for December), but it's a pain having to change things.

The soundcard on the motherboard doesn't like WASAPI and 24/88.2 files.
    Plug my HiFace2 in and select that as the playback device with WASAPI and the track plays fine.
    Seems to be a common theme with motherboard residing soundcards
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Steve.

WTF This is a hifi forum is it not?

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    WTF This is a hifi forum is it not?
    Certainly is.
    Are you trying to perpetuate the bollocks that computer audio can't be hifi?
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234