+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Denon Body Mod

I'm ILOB.

The question then is it worth sinking money into the 103r
    Do you think the mods make the cart to clinical I was hoping to tighten things up with the mods
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Neal.

I did this a few years ago, makes a big difference to the 103r sound. Well worth the effort IMHO, here's the original thread:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...highlight=103r
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm ILOB.

Cheers Neal
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm David.

John, I just fitted today the MIDAS body that Daiwok over on Lenco Heaven sells and so far the difference is well worth it on my regular DL103.

It's not that hard to do the cutting as long as you have the original cart protector,a sharp knife and take your time.

The video that Thomas Schick posted is really worth a good few watches as well before you start.
    David.

I'm Juha.

Hi David. That aluminum Midas looks great .

Is he doing other colors that gold as well? The gold color has put me of buying from him earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    John, I just fitted today the MIDAS body that Daiwok over on Lenco Heaven sells and so far the difference is well worth it on my regular DL103.

It's not that hard to do the cutting as long as you have the original cart protector,a sharp knife and take your time.

The video that Thomas Schick posted is really worth a good few watches as well before you start.
    My Gear

Source components:
    Garrard 401 in a solid birch plywood plinth / Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro / ESCo modified Denon DL-103
    Pioneer TX-9800 tuner
    Amplification:
    Art Audio Diavolo and Conductor, Pair of XTZ Sub Amp 1's, Nick G 'Dual Phono' phono stage
    Loudspeakers:
    Bastanis Mandala Atlas with 15" sealed woofers
    Cables:
    Analysis Plus: Big Silver Oval speaker cables and Silver Oval-in interconnects, Mark Grant DSP 2.5 Dual Screened power cables
    Record cleaning
    Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi MK II

I'm David.

No I think from what he's posted all the gold ones are gone, now he has the older square edge silver ones I think for €90 and the new rounder edge version which is what I have for €120 but best to check on the traders section on Lenco Heaven
    David.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12