View Poll Results: Please rate this album. You will be honest, won't you?!!

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 out of 10 - inexorable shite

4 25.00%
  • 1 out of 10 - not quite something I stepped in...

7 43.75%
  • 2 out of 10 - I liked the chicken noise on one of the tracks

1 6.25%
  • 3 out of 10 - well, no Chirpy Chirpy Cheap Cheap was a bonus...

1 6.25%
  • 4 out of 10 - Better than sniffing your own poo. Just.

1 6.25%
  • 5 out of 10 - 50%. Half ok, I suppose, if you're deaf.

0 0%
  • 6 out of 10- Pretty good, actually!

1 6.25%
  • 7 out of 10 - Surprisingly superfluous!

1 6.25%
  • 8 out of 10 - An awesome slab of durge.

0 0%
  • 9 out of 10 - practically perfect pop!

0 0%
  • 10 out of 10 - Stratospherically Superb (I need a hearing test)!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Album Club: 08.11.2011: Britney Spears - Blackout (2007)

I'm Paul.

Only a few tracks available on Spotify UK so based on a sample listen. State of the art what Alex? Yes it's got state of the art autotune. Frankly it doesn't matter if it's Brittany or not this is practicaly the same as dozens of other releases over the past few years. Love or hate Brittany she once had a few good to great songs given to her. Check out Richard Thompsons cover of Ooops I did it again.

This sounds like unlistenable dreck with awful modern production and no good material. It's a bloody disgrace her family allowed her to be 'forced' into a studio at this time. At least they didn't put out a bunch of incoherant tracks by a drunk/drugged Amy Winehouse ! I think Alex should have given the lotto a third spin and come up with a superior suggestion. Now I could have given a far more positive review to the Wombles LP by the genius Mike Batt . It's Nil points from me I'm afraid. If I could have listened to any more it would have been -10.

MartinT Guest

Well, you floored me with this one, Alex. I'm listening via Spotify and will keep an open mind...

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Just to clarify, the UK release is definitely 12 tracks, the first highlighted 12 on Spotify - I'm guessing the other (greyed out) tracks are from the US or bonus version.

Oh, and thanks Paul for holding back how you felt!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

MartinT Guest

Only the first four are available to me, Alex

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Oh that is strange...? Perhaps such musical delights are only available to Premium subscribers! Let me have a look...

EDIT: Updated the link with what looks like another version - can you play more now?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

MartinT Guest

Yes, I guess it's the limit for the boggo ordinary Spotify users. Perhaps that's a blessing in disguise after hearing the first four songs? I would say she probably sleep-walked through these numbers and studio trickery did the rest. Not even memorable by her own standards. I really wanted to give it three stars for the Chirpy Chirpy reference but I'm afraid she failed the grade.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Oh that is strange...? Perhaps such musical delights are only available to Premium subscribers! Let me have a look...

EDIT: Updated the link with what looks like another version - can you play more now?
    Looks like the plebs are restricted to 4 tracks or to put it another way mercifully spared listening to the rest.

I'm Barry.

Just been watching Lou Reed with Metallica on "Jools" and you want me to listen to Britney
    Ok bring the bitch on lets 'ave it

I'm Dave.

Hmmm I'll give it a go if I can bring myself to listen.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazil View Post
    Just been watching Lou Reed with Metallica on "Jools" and you want me to listen to Britney
    Ok bring the bitch on lets 'ave it
    Yeah - and weren't they crap!
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast