+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheap Phono Interconnects

I'm Anthony.

Default Cheap Phono Interconnects

Recently constructed a pair of these. A revelation compared with the Chord Chameleon Silver Plus they replaced. Work very well between Rega Brio R and Rega DAC.

Full bodied and great tempo compared with the "silverish", airy, thinner sound of the Chords.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=31509

Regards
    Tony

I'm John.

Well done. Your soldering skills are, obviously, much better than mine.
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The "Couple" is a superb cable for many cheaper sources which, on their own, lack that last bit of "welly" in their output. It could also be that the main dem-rrom we did all these comparisons suited the shinier sonics of Chord Co better too.

Rega themselves use the couple for fine-tuning their products I strongly suspect, so if you can make some for under £30 yourself (a lot less if you use the neutrik "REAN" phono plugs, which I think are great value), then you're on a winner IMO. A subtle, but not "bland" performance with a wide range of gear and better than the rather "splattery" quality of the Linn black interconnects I thought.

And there are still people who don't accept that interconnects can subtly change one's perception of the music passing through them, even though I do believe that this can be measured.............
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

By the way, the Klotz AC110 cable is listed as a GUITAR lead in that section...

Interesting that the van Damme single core double screened cable also available has a very similar "sound," i.e. refined, slightly "warm" but with definitely no hash or grain. Not Mark Grant HD1000 precise and sometimes ruthless if the upstream bits aren't "quite" there, but not slushy and dull either
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Anthony.

Hi Dave,

Do you think I should be taking a listen to the MG cable then. You think It might be a improvement over the Rega clone. As it happens I already own one G1000HD coax I was using from SB Touch spdif to the DAC. Is this the same cable you're referring to?

regards
    Tony

+ Reply to Thread